The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Double Jack D said:

Absolutely. 

Just when I was getting concerned about average squad age :)

Like with Montagu (and Corr, alas) it's a reasonable go at building a youth pathway without having an actual youth setup

Obviously disappointed when I heard but if you offer the boy peanuts you can't blame him for looking elsewhere. Be interesting to see how he gets on. Raw talent and the sky's the limit for him tbh. Think he'll do very well for Raith. 

3 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

QOS fans, please tell me he has pace....

Skillful and speedy. Not absolutely rapid but he'll go by players and has a remarkable cross for his age. He's very similar to his dad in playing style (but Wullie couldn't cross as well at his age).

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Skillful and speedy. Not absolutely rapid but he'll go by players and has a remarkable cross for his age. He's very similar to his dad in playing style (but Wullie couldn't cross as well at his age).

What side does he play on?

A little more than an assist per 90 minutes played last year (although almost half were in two games vs Edinburgh City), plus a couple of goals. Didn’t get many full games, and was more on the RW than LW, but as noted above, played both. Similar stats for the previous season, but he was playing a little more complete games then, and was clearly favored on the right.

So, if Kai is a higher performing replacement for Aaron, and Lewis for Kieran, who will be the Adam “upgrade” now that Dylan is gone? Also, I’m now worried about McNeil. We need a capable backup keeper, and with Thomson retired, McNeil was ideal…but no word yet. He looked capable enough that I’m sure a few sides might have offered him something.