The New Raith Rovers Thread

Vaughan was in the gym this morning with a physio..looked like groin exercises to me.

I want to love Hamilton, there’s 100% a player there but it just continues not to happen for him.

Was a surprise to see Gibson and Kai replace Stanton and Easton and the football get better! I thought Kai would be auto loaned out given his age but that was really impressive albeit against a poor ICT side.

Smith was excellent when he came on but unless we get another striker I just don’t see how we can really be favourites for the title. 

20 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Struggled badly in front of goal until there 12 year old Keeper came on.  THEN we showed them!

Spent the first half putting high balls into their box for one man against 3 massive defenders. When you play against 3 at the back, you need runners from deep to get in between their defensive line, we didn't have that. Only when the game fell to bits after all the subs did we create more chances. Hamilton goes off and then we put in balls he'd love to challenge for. Madness.

Another body up front would be good to challenge, another one to play behind the striker too would be preferable, give a decent challenge to Stanton.

18 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

unless we get another striker I just don’t see how we can really be favourites for the title. 

Although I don’t disagree with us needing another striker, there’s no one in the league with better strikers than we currently have.

Plenty of encouraging signs during pre season. Likely McNeil, Hannah, Montagu, Nicholson all get a good 60-75 minutes against Annan-and possibly some other trialists.
Expecting a big improvement at Stirling Albion next week.

23 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

One last last thing. The seagulls are getting gallus. Best eat yer pie doon the stairs.

“When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.”

5 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Although I don’t disagree with us needing another striker, there’s no one in the league with better strikers than we currently have.

Partick and possibly Ayr.

Agree with all of the above, also thought Hannah did well in the limited minutes he had. It's also very clear to see that Stevenson and Hanlon will absolutely stroll it at this level.

The new top looks a lot better in the flesh than it did in the release pictures, nice enough to make me part with £45, just a pity they are made small, need to exchange it for 1 size up, anyone know if the club shop will be open tomorrow, don't want to drive down from Glenrothes if it's closed.

Haven’t been to any of the games, but how are we doing overall, I keep hearing from others that we’re struggling in front of goal. I really want Hamilton to kick on this season, but I’ve heard he isn’t adapting too well to how we’re playing. I do understand these are mere training matches

1 hour ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Struggled badly in front of goal until there 12 year old Keeper came on.  THEN we showed them!

Poor lad, knew he was going to get it tight when he came on. Wasn't even ready. Don't know if that was Ferguson trying to prove a point about how bad his squad is. Only have two goalkeepers and ones 16.

All the best of luck to the young lad. 

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Haven’t been to any of the games, but how are we doing overall, I keep hearing from others that we’re struggling in front of goal. I really want Hamilton to kick on this season, but I’ve heard he isn’t adapting too well to how we’re playing. I do understand these are mere training matches

Possession wise we are good, so far not given much away defensively, but up top Hamilton is struggling and at times we appear to struggle in creating good chances. Badly need a striker, we need Vaughan fit and if I'm being honest someone with pace.

Posted (edited)

I am currently packing as we are moving home and I came across this cracker of a top packed in with some older scarfs. I think it was the 1995 season but could be wrong.

I'm going to pop it onto eBay for sale 🙂 far too small for me

PXL_20240706_161550370.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Edited by mealsonwheels

14 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

3 games against lower league opposition isn’t going to tell us a great deal to be honest but good minutes in the legs of most players and promising signs.

Looking forward to some competitive games in the cup and sure the players are the same.

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Partick and possibly Ayr.

You'd rather have Oakley and Anton Dowds over Vaughan, Smith and Hamilton? 🤣 Behave 

48 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Only two players I’d take from Partick would be Lawless and Chalmers

So you wouldn't take Graham over Hamilton. I'd also take Dowds over Hamilton.

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

You'd rather have Oakley and Anton Dowds over Vaughan, Smith and Hamilton? 🤣 Behave 

So everyone I spike to or heard after the game stated we badly need a striker, hardly what you'd expect to hear if we had the best strikers in the league.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

So everyone I spike to or heard after the game stated we badly need a striker, hardly what you'd expect to hear if we had the best strikers in the league.

That wasn’t what I said though. You might take Graham over Hamilton but you wouldn’t swap our front three of Hamilton, Vaughan and Smith for any other teams centre forward options.

Edited by Jilted John