The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

What actually happened to Jack/what did Raith TV say? I left the room and missed him going off!

Didn’t look too serious, he walked off without any assistance. Probably just a precaution. 

Definitely feels more like a preseason game rather than a competitive fixture.  Wouldn’t surprise me if Fordyce has had more touches of the ball than any other player.  He’s constantly looking for it and looks so comfortable on the ball. 

Hamilton does well and hopefully he is ok, but i think smith over the last 3 or 4 games has actually offered more of an attacking threat. Stranraer have pressed us well and cut off the passes we have been looking for. 

13 minutes ago, embow said:

While we struggle to get past Stranraer, Airdrie are setting goal scoring records against East Kilbride.

Pretty pointless comparison tbh.

Really  hoping we’re treating this like a pre season. Piss poor misplaced passes, every time we get the ball it’s like a hot potato. Despite Airdrie’s losses of players last season, they really have frustratingly recruited well.  Not looking forward to the season opener. 

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

So after a full year at the helm how are the village idiots fairing up in the eyes of the fans ?? Bannerman gets most of the plaudits I see but I bet it's Dean that's steamrolling ahead with everything , he's some man when he wants to achieve something lads 👌🏼

Very well.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Young Hannah straight in to the Montrose team tonight, good luck Callum 

And played the entire match.

51 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Didn’t make it to Stark’s tonight but watching on Raith tv.  The pitch looks really sticky tonight. Did they have the sprinklers on before the game?

started brightly but Stranraer have pressed  really well and we keep resorting to hopeful long balls.

Yes, they absolutely drenched the Stranraer subs pre-match.

48 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

What actually happened to Jack/what did Raith TV say? I left the room and missed him going off!

Probably feeling something in the legs, slowed and sat down. As noted, walked off.

19 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Pretty pointless comparison tbh.

Quite possibly. But I ask the question,  would we  have been capable of hitting eight goals against East Kilbride? Doubtful to be honest. We are not prolific and proficient in front of goal as things stand.

We look a lot more dangerous from set pieces than we did last year.  Did Fordyce not do set pieces for Airdrie last season?  Wonder if he’s doing the same for us now.

5 minutes ago, embow said:

Quite possibly. But I ask the question,  would we  have been capable of hitting eight goals against East Kilbride? Doubtful to be honest. We are not prolific and proficient in front of goal as things stand.

Stranraer scored five in two games against East Kilbride, so probably 

Far from convincing but deserved the win over the 90. Was pretty impressed with Stranraer. Shouldn’t be worried about relegation playoff this season.

Created plenty of chances but obvious again that we could do with another option up front.