The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

^^^ fundamental misunderstanding of Murray's dismissal.

That's a nice one liner, care to elaborate or refute my points?

Edited by g martin

4 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Murray didn’t get sacked for not getting us to the ‘SPL’ as you call it.

What did he get sacked for? Just so I know when the new man is on stoney ground.

Think it's quite funny, obviously someone up there has decided to wind up this Ayr fan in Kirkcaldy and it's spread outwith that to the wider space via them being a total cuck and panicking over it.  

10 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Murray didn’t get sacked for not getting us to the ‘SPL’ as you call it.

So your telling me Murray would still have been sacked if raith had won the playoff? Also if you want to be pedantic about the current naming of the top tier I can type out Scottish Premiership if you prefer, jumping on a typo probably means you aren't sure of of your main arguments.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

What did he get sacked for? Just so I know when the new man is on stoney ground.

As we all know, what do points mean?

That's right, pie sales.  

Takings were down and only one man to blame. 

There’s been a couple of detailed interviews with our CEO where he talks about the reasons behind the decision. If you’re that interested, give them a listen and it’ll answer your questions. Whether he’d still have been in a job had we won the playoffs if neither here nor there. If my Grannie had baws she’d have been my grandad!

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

There’s been a couple of detailed interviews with our CEO where he talks about the reasons behind the decision. If you’re that interested, give them a listen and it’ll answer your questions. Whether he’d still have been in a job had we won the playoffs if neither here nor there. If my Grannie had baws she’d have been my grandad!

I listened to that interview and I’m still not sure why he was sacked. 

1 hour ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Ayr away in the Diddie Cup. Yet another shocking draw. 

Spoke to someone yesterday who said definitely Brown, so either it’s true or the best wind up ever 

Maybe we can make Saturdays game a double header, winner takes all, 3 points and into next round. If it's a draw just go to pens for the cup game. 

1 hour ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Ayr away in the Diddie Cup. Yet another shocking draw. 

Spoke to someone yesterday who said definitely Brown, so either it’s true or the best wind up ever 

Just had email confirmation through from the club.

Spoiler

About the cup draw

19 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Attend games and you'll understand 🤷‍♂️

I do attend games occasionally. In 2024 I was there when we lost to Inverness and Queens Park in January. That was shite. Then I was there when we beat Dundee United in February and then beat the Pars in March. Then I saw us lose to Airdrie and draw 0-0 with Partick Thistle in April. Then I saw us beat Arbroath 5-0 and win 2-1 at Firhill in the play-offs. Then I was at the home leg for the defeat by Ross County.

So my viewing pleasure in 2014 was: W4 D1 L4.

Not great, but not the worst I’ve seen. January was the month that killed our season with 5 defeats in a row, then that 2-0 up to 3-2 defeat at Gayfield just made certain of it.

To be fair, this season I’ve only been to the 0-0 friendly game with East Fife, which was decent enough as first pre-season friendlies go. League Cup group stages are not for me, and sacking Murray with no replacement set up has knocked the wind out my sails. It just looks like a poorly thought out decision with no ready replacement sounded out.

I’ll likely turn up for the Livi game at the end of the month but I’m struggling to get enthusiastic about it at the moment. I hope this new manager is an inspired choice.

Edited by Scary Bear