The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Just on the subject of Healy, this is an interesting piece, albeit from season 21/22

Despite securing a fourth consecutive title at the end of the 2021–22 season, Healy stated that he had "never quite won the supporters over" and that online abuse was starting to affect his family.[72][73] He was named as Manager of the Year for the fourth time at the annual Northern Ireland Football Awards.[74]

He might be better off avoiding Rovers then 🤣

Just now, Stardog_champion said:

I have absolute faith in Barrowman and the board to get this over the line. They just need to show the balls they had when they came in. Come on Andrew let’s see ye❤️

Do you share your log in details with someone else?

8 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I have absolute faith in Barrowman and the board to get this over the line. They just need to show the balls they had when they came in. Come on Andrew let’s see ye❤️

alright having Faith, it's the running out of names that's irritating me 😂. We're left with the dreaded bookies list at this rate

Mind you, Killie could sack Mcinnes they then get Brown, we get Mcinnes and Ayr can do what we're having to do 😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:No I don’t think so. I just think that Dean McKenzie brought him along as he’s worked with him at Kelty. I can’t see him ever binning his mate though which isn’t exactly great for business.

I have the feeling that every other director at RRFC will long be out the door before AB is asked to go.

Obviously it’s a learning curve for the new board who have stepped up a league from Kelty in more ways than one.  Having said that, I think current events have exposed them a bit and shown them up as not being the King Midas types that they believe themselves to be. 
There is always going to be bumps on the road with new owners coming in with new ideas, but it’s how quickly they can recover the situation that will be the telling factor. From title favs to out of the LC, 3 points from 9 and managerless is quite a turnaround.

At best I’ve been underwhelmed by our signings in the past 2 seasons and at worst totally pisses off. I wasn’t convinced in Murray as a manager at times especially his transfer dealings and Potter fills me with even less confidence.

I hope there is more positive news this week, but I’m starting to see why from an outsiders point of view we aren’t quite as an attractive prospect for a new manager (or even for our existing players for that matter) that we were before.

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

alright having Faith, it's the running out of names that's irritating me 😂. We're left with the dreaded bookies list at this rate

i have no doub their is some managers from the lower European leqgus that could do a decent job for us and that would jump at the chance

2 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

i have no doub their is some managers from the lower European leqgus that could do a decent job for us and that would jump at the chance

Aye but that necessitates a lot of red tape high legal costs and time which we're running out off, these things don't happen overnight

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Aye but that necessitates a lot of red tape high legal costs and time which we're running out off, these things don't happen overnight

but surely the club has its lawyers who could advise on the possibility of such a move

4 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Pardon my ignorance but seeing as we are scouring the Nothern Ireland market. Will the red tape presumably be the same in the south as it would be in the rest of Europe?

Yes it should be, but there might be leeway in that instance given the political agreement with the EU 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

33 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Mind you, Killie could sack Mcinnes they then get Brown, we get Mcinnes and Ayr can do what we're having to do 😂😂😂😂😂

There's more chance of you getting your hole than this scenario playing out.

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Yes it should be, but there might be leeway in that instance given the political agreement with the EU 

which should then apply to the entire eu nations

51 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We've interviewed at least 3 managers who opted to stay where they were. It's clear that we've had a shortlist of candidates but then had to branch out. That's still an improvement on getting to a Liam Fox, Billy Dodds or Neil McCann and going "well, we'll take you off the merry-go-round for 5 months". 

If Healy comes in, he's at least got the track record of winning things even if people maybe don't rate the quality of the league. Much in the same if we offer the job to Clancy of Cork who has them comfortably top of the second tier in Ireland. 

Ian Murray current mood.

Smug Face GIFs | Tenor

21 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Pardon my ignorance but seeing as we are scouring the Nothern Ireland market. Will the red tape presumably be the same in the south as it would be in the rest of Europe?

No, Irish citizens have free movement to the UK.