The New Raith Rovers Thread

It’s someone different from the merry go round of scottish managers. Deserves a chance to get things right, but hopefully he can get off to a good start and finds that balance between defence and us being a threat.

Hold on, it sees like there actually are at least a couple of Rovers fans on here who genuinely believe the 'top choice' stuff, @Enigma and @Varna Rover.

Can either of you lads explain why, if that was the case, Raith Rovers made approaches to Peter Leven and David Healy, and apparently sounded out Rhys McCabe and Scott Brown, when they had their 'top choice' identified all along?

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hold on, it sees like there actually are at least a couple of Rovers fans on here who genuinely believe the 'top choice' stuff, @Enigma and @Varna Rover.

Can either of you lads explain why, if that was the case, Raith Rovers made approaches to Peter Leven and David Healy, and apparently sounded out Rhys McCabe and Scott Brown, when they had their 'top choice' identified all along?

Read Renton’s possible scenario. Not far away from what I heard.

Edited by Enigma

At least we've got him now, the game on Sunday is a free hit, couldn't care less if we win or lose that game.  But it gives him a week and a half to work with the players and then 3 big games over the rest of September.  Come out of those games with good results and that'll calm down any doubters and set him up for going forward.

Just now, SanStarko said:

At least we've got him now, the game on Sunday is a free hit, couldn't care less if we win or lose that game.  But it gives him a week and a half to work with the players and then 3 big games over the rest of September.  Come out of those games with good results and that'll calm down any doubters and set him up for going forward.

Totally 

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Read Renton’s possible scenario. Not far away from what I heard.

Just read that.

Loads of names were chucked around and leaked, yet not once was this guy named.

I don't buy it. The appointment might work out, might not, but your club claiming he was the top choice is laughable.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Just read that.

Loads of names were chucked around and leaked, yet not once was this guy named.

I don't buy it. The appointment might work out, might not, but your club claiming he was the top choice is laughable.

I don’t care if you don’t buy it. I believe he was somebody we spoke to very early on in the search and came back to. All sorts of things, personal circumstances etc. can change in a few weeks.