The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Have you any proof that a director hadn’t made that assertion. Tbf, Murray should’ve been punted after that play off final farce. It’s all about opinions right!

I fecking hope they've been reading social media all night tonight then, maybe that'll light a fire under them 😂😂 

5 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Have you any proof that a director hadn’t made that assertion. Tbf, Murray should’ve been punted after that play off final farce. It’s all about opinions 

Burden of proof lies with the person making the claim, ie you.

4 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

So just for clarity here, we’re suggesting the board decided to get rid of Murray based on social media posts, even though the overwhelming majority of Rovers fans didn’t want rid of him? 

Interesting! 

Exactly. 

Some of the baw locks that gets posted here....... and we've now got  a 2 week window to endure.

6 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

You calling last week a throttling?

You definitely only shag your wife in missionary. 

His description of throttling Falkirk was actually less off the mark than his description of today's game as being "interesting".

Not the word I'd have used to describe it.

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

i never mentioned anything about social media posts being a deciding factor. The proof was in the pudding being hopelessly and laughably humiliated by a vastly superior Ross County team and a meh cup campaign in which we struggled badly by easily the worst league club in Scotland was my own deciding factor.

Just now, Stardog_champion said:

i never mentioned anything about social media posts being a deciding factor. The proof was in the pudding being hopelessly and laughably humiliated by a vastly superior Ross County team and a meh cup campaign in which we struggled badly by easily the worst league club in Scotland was my own deciding factor.

If a team is vastly superior then by definition we’re going to struggle against them. 

15 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Exactly. 

Some of the baw locks that gets posted here....... and we've now got  a 2 week window to endure.

Maybe time to find that elusive striker. Kerr McInroy is still free and can play on the right and in behind.

Fun times. This has all the hallmarks of a club destined for relegation and financial turmoil. 

Big name players signed. High profile players under contract. Zero squad balance. No identity. Disjointed strategy and arrogance across the board. Over indulgence in off field spend. Large contracts for old, ineffective signings.

The same problems have existed for years on the field, nothing has been done to address. We now are stuck with limited options to address until Jan. What happens next is predictable. 

We can't score, we can't defend set pieces, star players are missing, others are clearly dissalussioned. 

We have played our Trump card way too early. And already backed a weak alternative.

Imagine we stuck with Murray till November. Worst case, we would be here now, probably attracted a striker, and be a better choice for replacement manager.

Prediction now is, no new signings, limited points, collins sacked in November. Potter and mickey till January, both relieved following poor results. Emergency appointment and massive signings over budget. Barrowman exits, ex legend appointed.

Edited by LargoRover

6 hours ago, FitbaSupporter said:

The lack of any sort of new manager bounce is the most worrying thing. 
LLDWL is dismal especially when it includes three teams who will likely will be bottom half of the table at the end of the season. The kindest thing you can say is it’s early days or the jury’s still out. Hardly inspiring. 

Remember you only scraped past a Falkirk side who had six first team players out. Collins doing a fine job IMO 

6 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Why is it anyone who disagrees with you, you claim the opinion is "stupid". It's my opinion, yours clearly is the opposite. I think yours is wrong. 

Nah, it's just you I like to use that for. Would you prefer I waved my private parts at your auntie?

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

heck, since Hannah isn’t starting at Montrose right now, I’d love to see him back and trying out at CB due to his sheer size.

Let me get this straight...

You'd love to see an inexperienced young player who currently isn't getting a game for a team in the league below come back to a struggling side and slot in to a high pressure CB role ahead of players like Fordyce, Hanlon, Murray and Dick because he's a big lad?

Please use a bit of self-awareness the next time you think about calling other people's opinions stupid.

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He stumbled and gave the ball away once or twice within minutes of coming on, nothing to back up your statement.

Dabo looked f**king miles above Freedman when he came on, and was the only real positive to take from yesterday.

Giving the ball away once or twice doesn't really change that.

8 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

It's been bugging me, that and the fact it was cowardly done over the phone on the Sunday morning instead of the Monday or Tuesday and by the whole Board   

The story I heard was that it was another board member who snapped after the Airdrie game and said he'd had enough. 

2 hours ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

I actually like Collins but fear he’s onto a hiding to nothing with the current squad.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again our CEO and Director of Football deserve the same scrutiny as Ian Murray.

Ah but, they've covered over the cracks wi bonnie cladding and put Ikea cupboards in the dressing room, clearly they know what they are doing! Euphemisms? Aye.

If they sack Collins in the new year as some have suggested then they really do need to look at themselves because clearly they don't have a clue what they are doing. Personally I'd rather Collins stayed and the board did one.