The New Raith Rovers Thread

The part about us needing a striker is true, but to say Tade is "totally and utterly mince" is ridiculous. He's been the better of our 2 forwards so far this season.

Tade has looked dangerous all pre-season, I don't think Weir has done anything of notice and hasn't looked interested

I was sceptical about Tade when he signed but he's proving me wrong, there are some idiots who abuse him for anything he does and Weir gets off scot free.

It seems they are fans of the player rather than the team

The part about us needing a striker is true, but to say Tade is "totally and utterly mince" is ridiculous. He's been the better of our 2 forwards so far this season.

Granted maybe im being a bit harsh on the guy,of course its only my opinion tho,ive seen him in all our pre-season games so far and think he has no ball control,poor passing and poor shot for a striker :( .I hope he can get better sooner rather than later :) .I thought the fans were cheering when bryce came on not when Tade went off?

I thought the fans were cheering when bryce came on not when Tade went off?

Most probably were, but a few around me were sarcastically cheering as soon as Tade starting heading for the bench.

I think all he needs is a goal, once he gets it his confidence should get a boost, and the fans might get off his back, then we'll start to see the best of him.

If you're going to use big bold letters at least spell the guys name right.

Murray, McGurn and Ellis would be the only players to get pass marks from me today, the rest showed absolutely no fight or desire at all and we deserved to lose.

The abuse of Tade was shocking, no he didn't have the best of games but he did a lot more than Weir and made a couple of half-chances for himself. He was causing problems in the Albion defence and won us a few free-kicks in good positions. Some fans actually cheered when he was subbed, it was embarrasing.

Darren Smith had a really poor game, he seemed reluctant to take players on and his delivery was shocking, he didn't get any stick from the fans and some even complained when he was subbed for Walker.

I'm usually the first to stick up for Iain Davidson but his attitude was rotten today, he just didn't look interested. There was one occasion where he lost the ball on the wing and just sat on the ground for a few seconds and when a fan had a go at him he turned to the stand and made the "Shh!" gesture. Disgraceful.

As for the game itself, we had the better of the first half then they scored a goal against the run of play from a corner in injury time. Second half was fairly even with neither team creating much in the way of chances and Stirling scored from another poorly defended set piece, although the guy did well with the finish. Even at 2-0 down there was no real urgency about the team, we switched to 4-3-3 but all that did was give Stirling control of the midfield and the comeback was never going to happen. We got a goal thanks to the determination of Lee Bryce, he won the ball in the box and despite lying on the ground, he managed to lay it on a plate for Walker.

The players didn't appear after the game until about 5.40, so obviously McGlynn was as angry as some of the fans. You have to try and take positives though, no injuries or suspensions being one of those.

Agree generally, cept I'd replace McGurn with Wilson for pass marks - first goal McGurn should've taken the corner, it was only 3 yards out or so. Also failed to take some of those high free-kicks in the second half which imo he should have come for. Odd, cause when he does go for them, he collects them fine.

Weir was much, much shiter today than Tadé was, though Tadé is more a hinderance than a help when he is in the box.

Entire starting midfield was crap. We miss Sloan's set-pieces already.

Better performances are needed.

Most probably were, but a few around me were sarcastically cheering as soon as Tade starting heading for the bench.

I think all he needs is a goal, once he gets it his confidence should get a boost, and the fans might get off his back, then we'll start to see the best of him.

my comment that i made was a bit tounge in cheek,maybe just dissapointed with the days result :( ,you could be right all he needs is to get a goal to give hime confidence.The fans who where cheering when he went off should hang there heads in shame. :angry:

gregory taide is totally and utterly mince,we need a striker urgently!!! :(

You really are a fucking arsehole. Typing in big size six font doesn't make your point anymroe valid. And if you're going to be a cock, at least be a correct cock, and spell his name right.

Today showed the worst case scenario of how it could go wrong given the players we've lost - lacking goalscoring threat even when we are on top as for most of the first half, looking vulnerable at set pieces, and most worrying of all was the manner in which we went to pieces once things started to go wrong.

Shit happens though, it's going to take more than one poor game to dent my early season optimism.

The barracking of Tade is stupid, he made some dangerous runs and caused the problems again today, as he has in several of the pre-season games. He needs to start taking some of the chances obviously, can't keep making excuses for him forever. but the guy behind me was slagging him even before that early chance today, and thinks he has "nae strength and nae pace". Really, it's just fucking silly and already showing signs of being counter-productive. And lay off McGlynn too while you're at it, substitution is often the easy answer but rarely the right one when the team as a whole isn't playing too well, one of the things I like about him is that he doesn't cop out that way so easily. Plus, my mum says he's a lovely bloke.

I'm not going to read too much into the Campbell / Walker thing, these things happen; Campbell didn't have a great game today but he's still going to be a big player for us. I'm not Walker's biggest fan but he did okay and showed a bit of commitment when he came on.

Today showed the worst case scenario of how it could go wrong given the players we've lost - lacking goalscoring threat even when we are on top as for most of the first half, looking vulnerable at set pieces, and most worrying of all was the manner in which we went to pieces once things started to go wrong.

Shit happens though, it's going to take more than one poor game to dent my early season optimism.

The barracking of Tade is stupid, he made some dangerous runs and caused the problems again today, as he has in several of the pre-season games. He needs to start taking some of the chances obviously, can't keep making excuses for him forever. but the guy behind me was slagging him even before that early chance today, and thinks he has "nae strength and nae pace". Really, it's just fucking silly and already showing signs of being counter-productive. And lay off McGlynn too while you're at it, substitution is often the easy answer but rarely the right one when the team as a whole isn't playing too well, one of the things I like about him is that he doesn't cop out that way so easily. Plus, my mum says he's a lovely bloke.

I'm not going to read too much into the Campbell / Walker thing, these things happen; Campbell didn't have a great game today but he's still going to be a big player for us. I'm not Walker's biggest fan but he did okay and showed a bit of commitment when he came on.

The slagging of McGlynn today was comical, literally. One guy near me stood up and shouted "MAAAAGLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN" then sat down again. Fucking toad.

I think the fact that Walker and Campbell were about scrapping shows that they actually cared about us getting beat, unlike Davo who sulked his was about the pitch as usual

Ellis was the driving force of encouragement in the team, either him or Sparky should get the armband, at one point I was hoping Davo would get sent off to give us a decent midfield for the next few games

I hope the jury in September don't take to kindly to bottlers, it might be the only way we get a decent captain, and that's before I get started on his playing ability....

Now by the sounds of it (I was not at the game) Tade was getting abuse and that was a discrace but Davidson was getting it just as bad but that is ok. Now I am no fan of his, BUT he is our captain if we like it or not so maybe if we didn't boo everything he did and just occationally showed him a wee but of support it might just give him something to play for and a wee bit of drive. Just a thoery mind, I know he will get pelters whatever he does <_<

McGlynn praised the support last season to no end, but it looks like we are back to our old ways.

Edited by Enigma

Going to be honest I really do not rate Tade as a striker but I will not get on his back. He may well be more suited to the wing because is quick and a powerful runner, but he can not finish. Despite this he was the best of our strikers today won numerous headers and got in behind Stirling more than the rest of our strikers. I understand the abuse Tade gets he is not a natural striker but at the moment he is the best we have unfortunately so i would stay off his back there are far worse in our team and there were a lot worse out there today too.

Now by the sounds of it (I was not at the game) Tade was getting abuse and that was a discrace but Davidson was getting it just as bad but that is ok. Now I am no fan of his, BUT he is our captain if we like it or not so maybe if we didn't boo everything he did and just occationally showed him a wee but of support it might just give him something to play for and a wee bit of drive. Just a thoery mind, I know he will get pelters whatever he does <_<

McGlynn praised the support last season to no end, but it looks like we are back to our old ways.

Totally agree. I think Davidson is shite, but I'd never boo him, or any of our players, at a match. I don't see what it achieves, other than the player in question losing a bit of fight.

Although I hear, and stories on here appear to back it up, that he was back to his petulant best today. He makes it very difficult for himself, it has to be said...

Totally agree. I think Davidson is shite, but I'd never boo him, or any of our players, at a match. I don't see what it achieves, other than the player in question losing a bit of fight.

Although I hear, and stories on here appear to back it up, that he was back to his petulant best today. He makes it very difficult for himself, it has to be said...

I wouldn't go say he was shite but I fail to see where he fits in our starting 11. However behind a back-up keeper he would be the first player I would have on a bench or in the squad. He can play in the midfield and defence and to a fairly sutable standard. He is handy. The thing I dislike most about Davo is not his mistakes, all our players make them, some just more obviously and oftern than others. It is the way he looses his rag so quickly. I certainly will not boo Davo.

I wouldn't go say he was shite but I fail to see where he fits in our starting 11. However behind a back-up keeper he would be the first player I would have on a bench or in the squad. He can play in the midfield and defence and to a fairly sutable standard. He is handy. The thing I dislike most about Davo is not his mistakes, all our players make them, some just more obviously and oftern than others. It is the way he looses his rag so quickly. I certainly will not boo Davo.

I see what you mean with the 'handy' argument, he can play defence and midfield, but I'd be hard pushed to find a place even on the bench for him.. in my opinion, he's a distinctly average Second Division player. He's not got enough conviction to be a defender (hesitates on bouncing balls and is far too loose a marker), and he brings energy and only energy to a midfield. His charging down is very admirable and all that, but we lose the shape of the team every time he chases the goalkeeper from 60 yards away.

Would play Simmons, Sloan, who's obviously injured right now, Walker, Ferry and maybe even Tadé in the middle ahead of him. I don't even consider him to be capable enough at the back to think about playing him there.

Just my opinion like, but I've never rated him.

This has nothing to do with today's match, incidentally, think he was far from the worst culprit today by the sound of it..

I see what you mean with the 'handy' argument, he can play defence and midfield, but I'd be hard pushed to find a place even on the bench for him.. in my opinion, he's a distinctly average Second Division player. He's not got enough conviction to be a defender (hesitates on bouncing balls and is far too loose a marker), and he brings energy and only energy to a midfield. His charging down is very admirable and all that, but we lose the shape of the team every time he chases the goalkeeper from 60 yards away.

Would play Simmons, Sloan, who's obviously injured right now, Walker, Ferry and maybe even Tadé in the middle ahead of him. I don't even consider him to be capable enough at the back to think about playing him there.

Just my opinion like, but I've never rated him.

This has nothing to do with today's match, incidentally, think he was far from the worst culprit today by the sound of it..

if you guys cant beat strling. its going to be a long hard season for the rovers from the lang toon!!!! good luck guys & welcome to the real world!!!!! east fife away next week in the cis then a nice we trip to dumfries on the opening league came of the season. good luck again. see you guys at cappielow soon!!! COME ON YE TON!!!

You really are a fucking arsehole. Typing in big size six font doesn't make your point anymroe valid. And if you're going to be a cock, at least be a correct cock, and spell his name right.

A cock and an arsehole very good :lol::lol: .I always use this size font whatever my point .Ive got to laugh at you picking me up for my poor spelling when u cant spell yourself!!! Anymroe?? whats that mean? :lol::lol: