The New Raith Rovers Thread

And bring in who exactly, we can only afford what we have got, some people need to realise this.

No! This is not true. We must gamble everything on signing two or three new players.

What was the point then, we won the championship and yet we have no money to strengthen for the season ahead. Daft logic if you ask me. <_<

Are you actually asking; What was the point in trying to progress and live within our means at the same time?

:huh:

Are you actually asking; What was the point in trying to progress and live within our means at the same time?

i pray that these reserve guys are good enough to push players for position as we have not had anything recently as in youth system guys playing very well for the club i know we have brce but who else we got ?

i pray that these reserve guys are good enough to push players for position as we have not had anything recently as in youth system guys playing very well for the club i know we have brce but who else we got ?

No-one I'd be particularly confident playing in the first team.

is it really that bad ;)

The youth team players aren't ready to make the step up yet. But since i don't view youth teams as being solely for the purpose of padding out the first team, I don't view it strictly as a negative.

Don't worry, its the day after blues. Its just a pity we can't bring in Kevin Smith to lead the attack, we just need a proven striker.

Don't worry, its the day after blues. Its just a pity we can't bring in Kevin Smith to lead the attack, we just need a proven striker.

I agree, we could use 10 - 15 goals this season and we could do with it coming from someone that already knows the players surrounding him. But it ain't happening so lets not just chuck the towel in.

:lol:

A good showing in pre-season is suddenly negated because we lost by the odd goal in three to our bogey team?

Get a fucking grip of yourselves boys.

Exactly! I'd rather the team get the kick up the arse in a cup that we can't draw Rangers or Celtic in.

I would be concerned were I a Raith fan, because you need to improve the side when moving up a level or you will struggle.

Wow! That was really enlightened. Here I was wondering why the club didn't just buy cheap Junior players instead of players that the gaffer thinks will compete in the 1st division.

:rolleyes:

It may well be. Does that mean that we should give up hope before a league game has even been played?

I'd rather look forward to the season than just sneer at how shite we are already perceived to be.

Indeed.

While we're at it, can people stop expecting anybody on our team to score fifteen goals? Nobody will. Not even Jesus the loan striker. Kevin Smith wouldn't get fifteen goals in the current team, not because we're worse than last season, but because we won't win as many games, or score as many goals.

It'll be a long, tough season, but I still remain hopeful we finish 7th or, more likely, 8th. If we lose to East Fife next week, I'll join you at the panic stations though...

Right. Calm doon everyone. It's one game and does not necessarily point the way for the whole season. Shite result and we should have won, but we didn't. Remember we'll be playing in this league until May of next year. One Saturday in July doesn't dictate the next 10 months play. It might be a long haul, but it might not be. We don't know. Can we wait and see, rather than throwing ourselves in the traffic this weekend?

I think a lot of people will need to soon realise that where we won the majority of our games over the past 2 seasons, this season we will lose a lot more and we need to get behind the team when we do lose

I am not expecting too much from this SPL loan striker. We got Kev Smith to get him fit, United bought him for their first team, reserve team players are not in the first team for a reason and by Paton at Aberdeen's own admission, the SPL reserve league was not as competitive as the 2nd division.

We keep hearing how there is not massive gap between the bottom 6 of the SPL and the 1st division so I don't see how a reserve SPL player will give us much of an advantage

I hope I'm wrong

And too many Robos on fantalk. Why do you follow the Rovers when they are as bad as you say. Surely C/Beath or EF would be more to your liking.

Everyone keeps talking about Kevin Smith. He scored 18 goals in Div.2 Can anyone say he will score that many goals in Div.1 No you cant.

The trouble with many rovers fans is they are pretty poor losers who cannot accept we will lose games and many are also too involved in following there favourites or knocking there disliked players to look at the overall picture.

And no we are not as weak or weaker than last year, apart from the striker situation which will be partially, and i repeat partially resolved when the His loan striker joins us.

Everyone keeps talking about Kevin Smith. He scored 18 goals in Div.2 Can anyone say he will score that many goals in Div.1 No you cant.

Iain Davidson scored one Second Division goal last season and you've got him down for 3-5 this year. :huh: