The New Raith Rovers Thread

He's no good as a last man defender against a speedy forward. However, with someone quick beside him as backup his defensive and attacking capabilities especially at set pieces is immense.

he often got away with things in the second that he would get punished for in the first, he was always a bit causual, and now his phyiscla attributes aren't enough to compensate for that as they used to.

For us, in the first, he'd be a bloody liability. Even if we did have him at the club, I'd still start Hill and Murray before him, if not Ellis now as well.

he often got away with things in the second that he would get punished for in the first, he was always a bit causual, and now his phyiscla attributes aren't enough to compensate for that as they used to.

For us, in the first, he'd be a bloody liability. Even if we did have him at the club, I'd still start Hill and Murray before him, if not Ellis now as well.

agreed. Tho Marv was commited he was sometimes a bit too casual and tried to stroll through games, no way he would get away with it in this league

agreed. Tho Marv was commited he was sometimes a bit too casual and tried to stroll through games, no way he would get away with it in this league

Testify brother!

preacher-man.jpg

Edited by renton

Campbell's still out, Wilson's struggling, we've still not signed a striker, Hislop has signed for East Fife and now the one and only Sloanaldo has gone and done the same thing. :bairn

Bet he plays a fucking blinder in the cup match.

Edited by Paco

Very bad news regarding Wilson, I hoped he'd have fully recovered by now. Hopefully he'll still manage to get a few games behind him pre-season. The team suffers quite badly when Wilson isn't fit, as he's the only right back we've got. Grant Murray puts in a solid display when he's there, but I'd rather have Wilson in there any day.

With Dyer signed, Ellis is free to slot in at CB should Murray need to go out to RB.

Starting to get a bit un nerved by the lack of movement regarding another striker, and at this moment in time I think we'll have to be content with simply not getting relegated.

Yep, I think we'll be in for a similar sort of season to last, although I'm more confident we won't get relegated than I was going into last season.

Edited by Michael W

Campbell's still out, Wilson's struggling, we've still not signed a striker, Hislop has signed for East Fife and now the one and only Sloanaldo has gone and done the same thing. :bairn

What? against the destructive force of davo in that midfield, should be interesting.

Campbell's still out, Wilson's struggling, we've still not signed a striker, Hislop has signed for East Fife and now the one and only Sloanaldo has gone and done the same thing. crying.gif

I predicted he'd sign for them about 3 pages ago in this thread (can't be bothered trying to quote it). Is Crawford taking signing tips from me now? If so Stevie have a look at Hamed Sacko and Moussa Outtra...they're quality cool.gif

lordy, what's up with you all?

It's not even July and you're panicking already? Keep the faith, we'll be absolutely fine if we start the season with what we've got, but as ever there'll be all kinds of developments and loan signings and whatever else to happen over the course of the year anyway.

Chill. Have some chocolate mousse.

lordy, what's up with you all?

It's not even July and you're panicking already? Keep the faith, we'll be absolutely fine if we start the season with what we've got, but as ever there'll be all kinds of developments and loan signings and whatever else to happen over the course of the year anyway.

Chill. Have some chocolate mousse.

I don't have any :(

As long as Wilson is fit to start the season, my apprehension will be less, but as it is, unless Tade has found a pair of shooting boots, we are still ridiculously light up front. Baird is only likely to be a partial solution and I don't want us relying on a loan signing to fill the gap if possible - what Houston giveth, Houston can also taketh away.

Edited by renton

Marv out of his depth in the Scottish First Division? unsure.gif

Ellis is better? FFS dry.gif

Marv out of his depth in the Scottish First Division? unsure.gif

Ellis is better? FFS dry.gif

Yes, now I think he might be getting there. He couldn't break through into the Queens team last season, which would imply something missing that used to be there. he was a disaster at Hamilton before that. In the last two years he's only managed to prove himself as a second division player.

Now, I think we are better equipped with players who have a better reading of the game. Marv never really anticipated the play, but rather reacted to it, his reactions aren't what they used to be, and his physical presence is less intimidating in this league.

Edited by renton

I predicted he'd sign for them about 3 pages ago in this thread (can't be bothered trying to quote it). Is Crawford taking signing tips from me now? If so Stevie have a look at Hamed Sacko and Moussa Outtra...they're quality cool.gif

With 4 first division goals in his first spell, Sacko isn't the worst forward we have had.

Details of the new home strip:

This years home Raith Rovers football shirt comes in a classic navy blue colourway with white and red trim, taking inspiration from the Puma Powercat 5.10 range to give you a stylish modern Raith Rovers home shirt for the new season ahead.

The new design features a white v-neck collar which tapers down thinner at the front, featuring white and red panelling under the arms in the new Powercat 5.10 styling.

As well as this, this new Raith Rovers home shirt features the official Raith Rovers football club badge embroidered on the left chest, Puma Cat logo on the right and shoulders, O' Connells sponsor logo across the front and the team new Penny Farthing sponsor logo on the back.

The Raith Rovers home shorts are superb soft fabric shorts, perfectly designed to co-ordinate with both the home and away shirt.

These Raith Rovers home shorts are styled in a navy blue colourway with a red trim at the bottom, featuring an elasticated drawcord waist with embroidered Raith Rovers badge on the right leg and Puma Cat logo on the left.

Taken from the ACA Sports website, who are now taking pre-orders.