The New Raith Rovers Thread

Three games in, trying to put together a competitive side with youth (albeit a very good youth team) Give the guy a fucking chance.

Surely this is about average for a Hearts manager under the current owner.

Agree he never had a plan B with Raith and used to leave subs to late to make any impact. With a larger squad of players at Hearts only time will tell if Plan B lacking was down to our squad size or his management..

Did a good job for us and I think the Hearts fans need to give the man a chance hate this sack the manager solution that every club has these days its a recipe for disaster just look at Hibs

Look at Dundee United first few games for Peter Houston were woeful wasn't he hammered twice by Rangers by 6 goals or something

Just checked was only once 7-1

Edited by Rovers lad

Doesn't seem as though McGlynn has had the most convincing of starts and throwing a 2 goal lead away against 10 men is certainly poor. As far as I know he hasn't actually been able to make any signings yet though which can't be ideal. He wasn't the best at changing a game though it has to be said.

Far too early to assess McGlynn at Hearts. What happened against ICT can happen to any team at any time; dont forget Hearts got into a winning position in the first place. Despite his dour style and preference for workman like players McGlynn turned us around big time with a threadbare squad. With a much bigger squad and better players he could do well at Hearts, and he's as familiar as anyone with Hearts as a club. That said, I dont think he's going to make Hearts any better to watch, which might turn the fans against him.

Cleaning out cupboards recently and came across a box full of old Raith videos, it's mainly stuff that either myself or one of my older brothers had recorded from Scotsport/Football First back when the first division highlights were shown on TV on a Sunday morning.

I've decided to convert them to digital form in order to preserve the footage long term, and I'll be sticking some of the more memorable games on YouTube so they can be enjoyed by others as well.

I'll post a link in here every time I upload a new video, first up is:

From the same season I'll also be uploading our late win away to Hamilton which kept us in the first division, and maybe a couple more. The following season saw us challenge for promotion under Peter Hetherston and there are lots of good games.

Hopefully brings back a few memories for people.

Cleaning out cupboards recently and came across a box full of old Raith videos, it's mainly stuff that either myself or one of my older brothers had recorded from Scotsport/Football First back when the first division highlights were shown on TV on a Sunday morning.

I've decided to convert them to digital form in order to preserve the footage long term, and I'll be sticking some of the more memorable games on YouTube so they can be enjoyed by others as well.

I'll post a link in here every time I upload a new video, first up is:

From the same season I'll also be uploading our late win away to Hamilton which kept us in the first division, and maybe a couple more. The following season saw us challenge for promotion under Peter Hetherston and there are lots of good games.

Hopefully brings back a few memories for people.

That Falkirk game was probably one of the Rovers worst ever performances but most satisfying wins. Alex Totten was always bleating about how his teams were always hard done by and this was the only game I ever saw which that was true. A real GIRUY moment.

Would be genuinely upset if we signed Masterton. Not only has he failed at this level before, we are screaming out for a left-winger. While another CM would be nice, if there's money there it wouldn't be the priority. We only really have Grant Anderson and Joe Hamill who can play on either wing.

Doubt there's money there though. Thinking about it he was probably the mystery trialist against Dundee United? Played a defensive midfielder role.