The New Raith Rovers Thread

We are a point better off in a weaker league.

However, calling for the manager's head at this stage is just plain daft. I think we should have more points than we do currently, but hopefully we'll start picking up the wins again.

Our present form is a cause for concern though. One league win in 5 isn't very good at all.

The league being weaker is a fair point, and our form certainly isn't great.

I expect us to finish anywhere from 6th to 8th season. The 3 part-time sides give Murray the chance to cut his teeth and make his mistakes while at the same time we should be able to stay out of relegation trouble.

Edited by Martin Nelson

I wouldn't know Facebook if it bit me on the arse, I've also looked on Fan Talk, but can find no trace of these nay sayers.

Can someone post a link so they can be named and shamed?

On phone so can't post a link but it was on the Cowdenbeath match thread. Was a first post though so it could be someone trolling I suppose.

I notice the first "Murray must go" type post has appeared on fantalk.

How dare Murray end the first quarter of his first managerial post with more points than we managed last season!

Were you surprised? biggrin.gif

The same guff was coming out last year about McGlynn, it would make little difference to these muppets who the Manager was as they get off on continual complaining, you'll recognise them from whatever topic they comment on in Fan Talk.

Here's a thought...don't read it!

I heard some amount of shite being shouted in the direction of the players and bench yesterday.

I was near you and heard some of the folk in question. The best one was when a guy, utterly pished, started yelling something to Murray yet he failed to realise that they'd moved the dugouts from in front of the stand to in front of the terracing. I moved away in the second half, as the guy was coming out with some utter pish.

1350907995[/url]' post='6736971']

I was near you and heard some of the folk in question. The best one was when a guy, utterly pished, started yelling something to Murray yet he failed to realise that they'd moved the dugouts from in front of the stand to in front of the terracing. I moved away in the second half, as the guy was coming out with some utter pish.

I should have moved away too but indulged my perverse desire to stand there and be annoyed by the daft, and at times, downright embarrassing shouts that were angrily screeched in the direction of the squad.

I got quite a reaction when I shouted for Murray to get his act together right after Clarke pulled it back to 4-3.

Folk kicking seats and going mental when it went to 4-2...take a look at yourselves. It's only a game..

To be a complete hypocrite I've kicked a seat at frustration but that was at Airdrie..when Gathussi was pretending to be a footballer...

In my opinion, Mensing isint exactly the most mobile player we have at our disposal..putting him in midfield would make make our midfield even more non existent than it already is...

Mensing and Ellis with Hill out for a few games may freshen it up a bit? Although I like Hill and he's been great for us, maybe a change may do the team some good?

He's not a centre half though, positioning is suspect. I'd be inclined to place him where S Anderson plays, he can tackle a guy at least. Walker/Mensing/S Anderson with Graham/Spence up front and 1 other between Smith/G Anderson as an interchangeable 4-3-3/4-5-1 is maybe worth a try? We must realise we dont have the pace or indeed the talent to play through midfield (when have we ever in the last half decade) so its essential at least to have a tackler in there.

Its got to be Ellis and Hill at centre half though.

He's not a centre half though, positioning is suspect. I'd be inclined to place him where S Anderson plays, he can tackle a guy at least. Walker/Mensing/S Anderson with Graham/Spence up front and 1 other between Smith/G Anderson as an interchangeable 4-3-3/4-5-1 is maybe worth a try? We must realise we dont have the pace or indeed the talent to play through midfield (when have we ever in the last half decade) so its essential at least to have a tackler in there.

Its got to be Ellis and Hill at centre half though.

We've tried that before with Davidson and Silvestro, and then later with Davidson and A.N. Other, it never works. We'll just end up with a midfield sitting deeper than than the marianas trench, unable to support the rest of the team.

I shouted to the team that this was fucking shite, then they scored two goals. Pleasing

I also shouted that Stephen Simmons should give me a refund 2 years ago at Central Park, he then scored the winner.

Pleasing

Not as bad as the guy infront of me who repeatedly asked "Mcglynn" to change things.

On phone so can't post a link but it was on the Cowdenbeath match thread. Was a first post though so it could be someone trolling I suppose.

Found it, so far it's his only post.

Quote,

Murray is clueless. good player but will never be a manager. He has not got the

first clue about managment and is running the team the only way that he has been

taught...NEGATIVELY

Unquote.

Hardly worth getting upset about IMO

At the risk of sounding a bit melodramatic, the next two games could define our season. Two wins would see us steady the ship in the league and through to the next round of the cup. While a couple of defeats would have us well on the way to emulating last season.

To emulate last season we would need to be in a relegation battle. And for that to happen we would need to be on par with Airdrie and Dumbarton. I know Dumbarton drew with us, but if we find ourselves in any danger of relegation this year there is something majorly wrong.

Found it, so far it's his only post.

Quote,

Murray is clueless. good player but will never be a manager. He has not got the

first clue about managment and is running the team the only way that he has been

taught...NEGATIVELY

Unquote.

Hardly worth getting upset about IMO

Does make you wonder what some people are seeing though, and if they are capable of critical thinking based on past observation, I mean, there are species of molluscs that have shown that ability. To describe Murray's teams as negative is to ignore the times he's gone with two out and out wingers, a right back that likes to push on and a captain always making late runs into the box frm his central midfield position. We are scoring plenty. Definitely not perfect, and obiously there is room for improvement within the limitations of the players available to him, but to describe them as negative is just taking a fresh air swipe at trying to diagnose what the issues are.

Does make you wonder what some people are seeing though, and if they are capable of critical thinking based on past observation, I mean, there are species of molluscs that have shown that ability. To describe Murray's teams as negative is to ignore the times he's gone with two out and out wingers, a right back that likes to push on and a captain always making late runs into the box frm his central midfield position. We are scoring plenty. Definitely not perfect, and obiously there is room for improvement within the limitations of the players available to him, but to describe them as negative is just taking a fresh air swipe at trying to diagnose what the issues are.

Without getting all 'forensic' about the managers that Bert has played under, I'm sure the chap is having a dig at John McGlynn.

Sure, John did not meet everyones expectations from time to time, but this could spiral into a Pythonesque, 'what has McGlynn ever done for us?' sketch.

The guy should move on.