The New Raith Rovers Thread

Pretty surprised that only 3 aren't being offered new contracts. I expected it to be around double that although I doubt Mensing, Graham and Cardle will sign new contracts with us. Not through knowing anything or that, just a feeling and what i have read on here/in the papers etc.

That would leave us with

GK-McGurn, Laidlaw

Rb-Thomson

Cb-Ellis, Hill, Murray?

Lb-Donaldson

Lm-?

Cm-Walker, Callachan, Vaughan

Rm-Anderson

St-Spence, Clarke

Don't know if i have missed anyone. Still plenty of room in there for Grant Murray to improve with his own signings.

That squad is presuming that Graham goes to Partick, Mensing tries England and Cardle just doesn't sign up again.

Interesting summer ahead.

Edit to add - in the time it took me to write this, everything got covered by others :lol:

Looking at that list, we'd ideally need two centre backs, another full back, a couple of central midfielders, two wide men and a striker (assuming we'll be playing a similar formation to this season). That would be eight new players but I would guess we'll pretty much be one in one out so 6 new players looks likelier.

I still can't believe Hill has been offered a contract!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

This has just been tweeted by Lewis Coult:

"Signing tomorrow night who's the team though #LCSignedUp"

Whether it's Rovers or not remains to be seen!

I really, really hope it isn't.

Replacing Graham with Coult would be tragic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

This has just been tweeted by Lewis Coult:

"Signing tomorrow night who's the team though #LCSignedUp"

Whether it's Rovers or not remains to be seen!

If I wake up to the news that we've signed Lewis Coult tomorrow morning, I'm going back to sleep... If I can.

Would be tragic if true

Hope the budget was done based on the Pars potentially not being in the league. If not we may need to withdraw some of the offers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

According to the FFP today Clarke has not been offered a contract and Maurray has still to speak to Walker.

The position with Clarke has been left 'open' which I assume means we've said to him we'd like to keep him but aren't in a position to offer him a contract as of yet.

According to the FFP today Clarke has not been offered a contract and Maurray has still to speak to Walker.

The position with Clarke has been left 'open' which I assume means we've said to him we'd like to keep him but aren't in a position to offer him a contract as of yet.

The online FFP hasn't updated yet, and being and Edinburgh based guy, i don't ge tthe actual paper - Does it say anyhting aobut the likes of Spence being offered anything?

Ah, scratch that, courtesy of Vinnie on fantalk:

Outwith the release of Malone,Hamill and Stuart Anderson a question mark hangs over Pat Clarke with no offer currently on the table for him.Allan walker is the only player yet to speak to the manager.The rest of the squad have all been made offers to stay and are currently locked in talks.Murray is looking to retain a core of players from last season and add a few new faces.Rovers are one of a number of clubs who have offered a contract to freed Livingston midfielder Liam Fox.Murray is looking for a replacement for Brian Graham who looks likely to be leaving.Retaining Joe Cardle is also high on Murrays agenda

Makes you wonder if Murray is willing to use any wage for Clarke to bolster his chances of keeping Cardle.....

Edited by renton

Makes you wonder if Murray is willing to use any wage for Clarke to bolster his chances of keeping Cardle.....

Surely with the freed up wages from Malone, Anderson and Hamill would help with that? We could do with keeping Clark even if its as backup to Spence (providing he signs) and as yet un-named striker

Someone not say that Cardle said on Twitter he was a free agent?

Would be great if Liam Fox signed for us.

technically he is as his contract is up at starks.

was actually unimpressed by cardle in his short time at starks

Donaldson is capable enough.

If we're going to keep justifying the cost of our youth system, we actually need to start having faith in the players it's producing. If we're just going to ignore the likes of Donaldson and Callaghan yet again, then we need to bin our youth system as soon as possible because we're just pissing money we can't afford to spend down the drain. The youth system has to start bearing fruit, but it isn't going to if the players aren't given a chance to prove themselves. If they're not good enough, fair enough, but it's becoming increasingly tiresome watching players play badly for weeks with impunity because the only replacements we can muster are youth players: that's unnacceptable, and it's an attitude that we need to move away from.

I'll be disappointed if Hill and Clarke are still here next season, though it appears we've offered them a deal seeing as though nothing's been said. We can get better players.

totally agree michael

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Could be. I thought maybe Murray has offered contracts to 3 forwards eg Graham, Spence and AN Other signing target and has no room in his budget for Clarke at present but will do when Graham rejects our offer and goes elsewhere.

If he didn't want Clarke to stay I'm sure he'd have just released him along with the other three.

I would advocate a defensive overhaul but interestingly the 48 goals we conceded last season is bested only by Hamilton, Partick Thistle and Morton (who conceded 47). Falkirk conceded the same amount. Livi, Dunfermline, Cowden, Dumbarton and Airdrie all conceded significantly more. Were we perhaps too harsh on our defence?

Our defending has been kamikaze all season. The fact that other teams haven't scored against us as often as they should of is testament to how poor the overall standard of the league has been. You can see why all chairman are desperate for more money next season.

Spence and Thomson are constantly on the Wynd up and have been all season. From what the press said today it seems out with walker and Clark, ( not offered yet) and Malone Anderson hammil( released) all other players have been offered terms, I'd imagine Clarke will be offered pre season training with view to an offer of contract if we cannot get another striker!

Spence cradle Thomson mensing McGurn would be my first signed!