The New Raith Rovers Thread

like to think we have at least another 2 midfielders to come in, left winger and hopefully someone to cover either wing or at least left wing if needed. Interesting to see how we line up tonight

Suppose you could point at the 3/4 youngsters we have now on pro contracts. Hoping to see Callachan and Vaughan get more game time this coming season

like to think we have at least another 2 midfielders to come in, left winger and hopefully someone to cover either wing or at least left wing if needed. Interesting to see how we line up tonight

I'd imagine we'll start with:

Cuthbert

Thomson Barr Watson Mckeown

Anderson Moon Fox Scott

Elliot Nade

And then probably bring a few youngsters on at half time and see how they get on, id like to see how Kieran Campbell gets on, as he's the guy that got called up to the Scotland u18 squad!

We might see all our squad get some game time tonight apart from Mcgurn and laidlaw, if they're not fully fit yet..

I'd like to see us line up:

Cuthbert

Thomson Watson Barr McKeown

Moon Callachan

Anderson Elliot Scott

Nade

That's the system I'd expect us to use in games that aren't against Rangers/Hibs/Hearts. When we expect to have our backs to the wall, I suspect we'll see Hill back into the back four and Barr sitting in front, protecting and doing little else.

That's what I get for trying to predict a line up...

The system is about right though, from what I can see. Elliot playing with a sort of free role behind Nade. Stewart on the left, Archie Campbell (I think) on the right, with Fox and Callachan holding.

Back four is Matthews, Bates, Ellis and McKeown. Laidlaw in goal.

That's what I get for trying to predict a line up...

The system is about right though, from what I can see. Elliot playing with a sort of free role behind Nade. Stewart on the left, Archie Campbell (I think) on the right, with Fox and Callachan holding.

Back four is Matthews, Bates, Ellis and McKeown. Laidlaw in goal.

Any idea who the 2nd trialist is on the bench?

ETA make that 2 trialists on the bench.

Edited by Raithie

Any idea who the 2nd trialist is on the bench?

ETA make that 2 trialists on the bench.

Fraid not. Bench is on the far side, and I haven't seen a team sheet. I couldn't even tell you who the signed players on the bench are.

If McGurn isn't listed on the bench then one of the trialists might be a keeper. McGurn is doing some drills with a bloke that isn't Cuthbert, or the usual goalie coach.

Fraid not. Bench is on the far side, and I haven't seen a team sheet. I couldn't even tell you who the signed players on the bench are.

If McGurn isn't listed on the bench then one of the trialists might be a keeper. McGurn is doing some drills with a bloke that isn't Cuthbert, or the usual goalie coach.

Hope one of thems not a keeper! We already have 4 keepers on the books. Possibly a striker and a winger.. Hopefully we'll see soon.

Getting beat, but it's been a fairly even game. Two penalties for the first two goals. Both probably were fouls, but very soft. It's pretty apparent that this is the fourth and fifth choice centre halves for the Rovers, and they're out of match practice.

We've managed a couple of chances, and there's been a glimpse or two of some nice passing, but for the most part it's been the standard you'd expect from the first game of pre-season.

I don't imagine the keeper is here playing for a contract, if he is a listed trialist. It'll be some boy doing Murray a favour because Cuthbert is unavailable and McGurn isn't fit.

We actually seem to have another boy here in gloves too, working with McGurn and the other. Four goalies for a friendly. Taking nae chances.