The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hank, you're normally in the know. Any word on whether we're actively seeking Conroy/Wighton?

It's all went quiet since last week. I can only imagine Conroy was happy to go on loan to us with some of his wage being paid by us and the rest by Dundee, but since he was released and had his contract paid up, he might be holding out for a bigger club/more money. We definitely held talks with him, but nothing has come of it so obviously something wasn't right.

Wighton i believe was told he was only going to be a bit-part player for us and Hartley is wanting him to be playing most weeks. I reckon he'll go to a League 1 side. Ayr was mentioned.

Ryan conroy is On holiday until next week, a certain ex rover has put in a few good words in conroys lugs to sweeten the deal.. id imaghine he will be the next and last signing before the dunf cup game. then the rest will be loans.

Sounds like the Rovers should be re-purposing half the Railway Stand into an Indian restaurant. Huge demand for it, lots of money to be made.

Get big Shaun Dennis in to manage the place, call it the Radge Mahal.

That'll tikka lot of money.

The delights of Shimla Palace and the haggis Pakora can be sampled in Glenrothes as well, next to the Cinema the old night club....good value for money.....Braw....

Who wants to go to Glenrothes when there's no football team there?

I see we're playing Edinburgh City on Wednesday. I think I'll try and go along. The last time I went to the stadium was for the East Lothian primary schools athletics competition or something. Shouldn't be much of a test really but I hope the team looks cohesive. Hmm I'd be cutting it fine for the second WC SF so we'll see.

I'd like to know what happened to those paper 'fans' that were in the Railway Stand? You know, the ones that St Johnstone used to have as well. The ones that clubs use to keep the few diehards - in the otherwise sparse crowds - company.

Did they die? Is that the real reason the Railway Stand is closed? Is there a YouTube video or did it happen before the dawn of YouTube?

What did happen to the paper fans? Did they just get fed up with watching the Rovers?

They should sell the pakora at the ground. It will be a winner. I'd love to be I charge of. The catering at Stark's Park. I'd have a charcoal BBQ and deep fat fryer installed and serve all sorts of tasty morsels.