The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just calculated over our last 36 league matches we have gained 35 points.

Cowdenbeath have gained 36 points.

Alloa have gained 34.

Livingston 41.

Dumbarton have won 50.

So over the past 36 games, the bottom half in this league looks like this:

Dumbarton 50

Livingston 41

Cowdenbeath 36

Raith Rovers 35

Alloa 34

I really don't see any reason the current manager should remain in the job. And I haven't seen a good one given yet, either.

Form team.

We are staying up,

We are staying up.

Livi and Alloa will save you.

Just calculated over our last 36 league matches we have gained 35 points.

Cowdenbeath have gained 36 points.

Alloa have gained 34.

Livingston 41.

Dumbarton have won 50.

So over the past 36 games, the bottom half in this league looks like this:

Dumbarton 50

Livingston 41

Cowdenbeath 36

Raith Rovers 35

Alloa 34

I really don't see any reason the current manager should remain in the job. And I haven't seen a good one given yet, either.

I hate to be awkward, however I have spotted a flaw.

We are above all the teams mentioned.

We have more strength in depth than we did last season. That is a fact.

People seem to take the strength and depth thing as more numbers in the squad. As mentioned numerous times, we have players who can fit into various roles. The problem at the moment is that a large number of our players are injured. That and Murray looks content with 1-1 draws against a ten man Alloa team with no attacking impetus or tactical nous.

strangely enough myself and a few others got slaughtered on here for calling for Murrays head at the end of last season and before after our capitulation from the end of November last year and also not long into this season by some of the same folk now calling for his head

strangely enough myself and a few others got slaughtered on here for calling for Murrays head at the end of last season and before after our capitulation from the end of November last year and also not long into this season by some of the same folk now calling for his head

Of course, I forgot. People aren't allowed to change their opinions. How fucking stupid of me.

Murray must stay!

Of course, I forgot. People aren't allowed to change their opinions. How fucking stupid of me.

Murray must stay!

You're one of the pinbrains on here who ridiculed those who had Murray sussed long ago. Now you try to make out you've still some credibility by ridiculing it being pointed out.

Yes, how fucking stupid of you.

We have 1 more player. 4 keepers this year instead of 3 last season. Not exactly more strength in depth. The 4th coined keeper will never feature in a 1st team squad.

People seem to take the strength and depth thing as more numbers in the squad. As mentioned numerous times, we have players who can fit into various roles. The problem at the moment is that a large number of our players are injured. That and Murray looks content with 1-1 draws against a ten man Alloa team with no attacking impetus or tactical nous.

We do not have strength in depth up front. FACT!!!111!

In numbers we are one down and in terms of quality and goal scoring ability we are down a bit more.

Baird was a natural goal scorer, as was Spence, although granted he'd been off form last season. Smith also chipped in with some important goals. That left Elliot who has been injured and/or off form throughout 2014, an Vaughan, who hardly gets any game time up front.

To that we added Nade and Stewart, neither of whom is a prolific goalscorer.

In my eyes, we're understrength in the forward positions.

We have a surplus of injury prone goalkeepers and injury prone centre halves. We've signed a crock (Barr) and a haddie (Perry). We only have one right back and one left back. The left back is worse than the one we had last season. The right back gets worse by the season and can't even cross a ball. The midfield has one additional player in Scott. The same midfield that has been gash for all of 2014, but has now lost Cardle. Up front we're a player and several guaranteed goals down.

Please explain where the strength in depth is? I can't see it myself.

Looks like we are stronger in the goalkeeping department (once the injuries clear up), possibly stronger at centre half (again, this assumes that Barr is magnificent as Perry is just 'presence' and is clearly not magnificent). In midfield we have one more body, albeit the hype is that he can play different positions, but he's nothing to write home about. And finally the forward positions, where we've lost a couple of guaranteed 10 goal a season strikers and replaced them with unknown quantities. So, I'd say we're a bit weaker up front.

It's not all about numbers, as we can't afford loads of excess players. It should be mainly about quality, but there would have to be a few more players to give us strength in depth. It's a disappointment that we can't produce decent enough youth players to plug the gap.

Edited by Scary Bear

Given the level of disquiet about our form, the quality of football and the dismal tactics of the manager. How long will it be before the Board issue an other statement rubbishing our opinions and slapping us down for wanting value for money. Must be about time to be reminded how lucky we are to have a club to support and we should just shut up.and like it.

You're one of the pinbrains on here who ridiculed those who had Murray sussed long ago. Now you try to make out you've still some credibility by ridiculing it being pointed out.

Yes, how fucking stupid of you.

Whereas you've been renowned as a bit for making daft statements for some time now. I can only hope to follow in the footsteps of such an intellectual trailblazer.

Who are we criticising for the "strength in depth" complaint?

The numbers are up by at least a couple of players (which, given a full squad, would be significant in terms of the options it gives you). If we're now arguing about whether the particular players are actually good enough for the strength in depth to be meaningful then it falls on the manager. Some are using it as a stick with which to have a go at the board.

We do not have strength in depth up front. FACT!!!111!

We also don't have strength in depth down the left side of the pitch.

The thing is, we're quite unlikely to be in the playoffs now whoever manages us. How smart would it really be to pay two managers for 3/4 of the season to finish 6th? We'll surely risk 8th to keep the money aside for a push next year. Frustrating I know.

Is Murray not contracted until the end of season 2015-16?