The New Raith Rovers Thread

Doubt it'll be on telly, there are several more interesting fixtures.

And when does that ever matter? It's Rangers. Fair enough it isn't guaranteed but the chances are both Rangers and Celtic games will be on TV. Stop trying to be different.

Like what?

Dundee v Celtic is the tie of the round, and that's boring as f**k as well.

The Spartans tie is excellent where the romance of the cup is concerned, but won't attract much of a TV audience.

It really is a very boring draw, although drawing Rangers should give us a very good chance of being on TV.

Edited by Michael W

Between BBC and Sky they show three live games from this stage of the Cup. Dundee v Celtic is the obvious first pick, and then what do you show? The Spartans tie is great for them and the winners of Albion/Berwick, but it's not going to be on Sky Sports. The only other tie that wouldn't be scoffed at if they ended up on TV are QoS v St Johnstone, with a big chance of the holders getting put out at a lower league side. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the two OF games and Queens.

I'll be livid if it's not on TV, it's really the only saving grace from being virtually guaranteed to be punted out the most open Scottish Cup in a long time. A lucky draw like Falkirk have got and we'd have been a game away from Hampden.

It would be Sod's Law for the TV companies to grow a pair now and show some intriguing games instead, but I can't see it. Maybe if we were up against Celtic, but they're desperate to get Rangers on the telly as much as they can whilst they're not part of the Premiership.

If it's not on the telly then it really is the worst possible draw we could've had. Going back to a place where we just lost 6-1, to a team we've got to play four times anyway, in an empty stadium, with little to no chance of progression. Normally at this stage of the competition I'd be hoping for a big team away, to cash-in rather than be eliminated by a low-ranking top flight side, but with so many Premiership sides already knocked out, I was really hoping for an easy tie. It looks like there's every chance that at least one lower league side will make the semi-finals (certainly four will make the quarters) and we'll need a massive (Ramsden-esque) performance if we're to stand any chance of it being us.

Home draws for the Old Firm against teams they're expected to roll over often aren't considered the most attractive. Last year, remember, they went for our game against St Johnstone at the same stage - this year St Johnstone are also the holders and are away to a QotS side playing well and with every chance of causing an upset. If Dunfermline win through their game against United looks possible as well.

Home draws for the Old Firm against teams they're expected to roll over often aren't considered the most attractive. Last year, remember, they went for our game against St Johnstone at the same stage - this year St Johnstone are also the holders and are away to a QotS side playing well and with every chance of causing an upset. If Dunfermline win through their game against United looks possible as well.

St Johnstone was the quarter-final, they screen three out of four and opted to show us ahead of Aberdeen-Dumbarton. Rangers v Albion Rovers received the prime TV spot.

I generally agree with your point, and if Aberdeen were at Dundee United and an Edinburgh/Ayrshire derby or something came out the hat, they'd go with that. But Dunfermline/Stranraer v Dundee United or Rangers is the question they're faced with. Little doubt it'll be Rangers.

Between BBC and Sky they show three live games from this stage of the Cup. Dundee v Celtic is the obvious first pick, and then what do you show? The Spartans tie is great for them and the winners of Albion/Berwick, but it's not going to be on Sky Sports. The only other tie that wouldn't be scoffed at if they ended up on TV are QoS v St Johnstone, with a big chance of the holders getting put out at a lower league side. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the two OF games and Queens.

I'll be livid if it's not on TV, it's really the only saving grace from being virtually guaranteed to be punted out the most open Scottish Cup in a long time. A lucky draw like Falkirk have got and we'd have been a game away from Hampden.

Agree that it'll probably be Dundee v Celtic & Rangers v Rovers on TV but like another poster I reckon the other one will be down to whether Dunfermline get through or not if they do then it'll probably be Dunfermline v Dundee United if not then QOS v St Johnstone.

Going back to a place where we just lost 6-1, to a team we've got to play four times anyway, in an empty stadium, with little to no chance of progression.

You forgot to mention being surrounded by the best chaps on Earth.

Horrible draw but I might end up going just because it's the cup, but then it follows two better away days so keenness and budget might have taken a doing beforehand.

We could get a draw there on a good day but I can't see it atm

The one big positive that I'm looking at is that it gives me an opportunity to go to Ibrox without having to hand over £22 (or whatever it is) straight to Rangers. At least some of the gate money from this one will make it back to the Rovers.

Do you not read the papers?

You'll be luck to have a pie thrown at you if they drop down the shitter.

Scary take a flag and cheer on the team but none of our lot will be there to do the same.We will watch or listen to it in styx during a pool competition which will also be used to raise money for a new flag that was destroyed.We will also try to raise some dosh for the club at the same time.