The New Raith Rovers Thread

We probably aren't going to get relegated, so that probably rules out another striker. Then again, I'm sure we'd have said the same last year...

I'm not sure that a new striker would solve too much. We're unlikely to get a player like Baird, and whoever did come in would still have to contend with a midfield that is lacking in creativity through the middle. Our strikers haven't helped themselves, but they're not the only problem.

I reckon McKay's loan extension is our lot.

we need a 20 goal a season striker and a creative midfielder

Edited by Michael W

Just got my copy of our accounts.

A wee bit too much still owing to the directors, but overall a much healthier picture than I have seen for a number of years.

yep,got mine and agree however over time i think these loans will be converted to shares

also first of me knowing that ED was being paid,double last year

what do you make of

18-group structuring?

What's the Kircaldy crowd's consensus on Callum?

He's a Lb, although I think Hibs have used him as a Rb and a Wing-back as well.

Fantastic Player. Brilliant defensively. Outstanding going forward to help create chances. Has a bit of pace as well so he can get back pretty quickly. He's not scared to take on a man either. He doesn't have the best strike in him. I think he only scored 2 goals last season despite playing every game apart from 1, and one of them was a penalty against Cowdenbeath.

I'm actually very surprised its not worked out for him at hibs.

I realise my opinion of him might be a bit extreme and possibly over the top but when we have a player like booth for a season followed by Mckeown, booth is made to look like the god of the Lb's.

Fantastic Player. Brilliant defensively. Outstanding going forward to help create chances. Has a bit of pace as well so he can get back pretty quickly. He's not scared to take on a man either. He doesn't have the best strike in him. I think he only scored 2 goals last season despite playing every game apart from 1, and one of them was a penalty against Cowdenbeath.

I realise my opinion of him might be a bit extreme and possibly over the top but when we have a player like booth for a season followed by Mckeown, booth is made to look like the god of the Lb's.

The other was a blistering top corner free kick against Alloa.

One thing i've learned about Ross Callachan's extended run in the team is that a staggering amount of people think he's called Ross Callaghan. He's only been with us for over a decade.

The same goes for Lewis Vaughan, it's not a difficult name to remember and spell.

What's the Kircaldy crowd's consensus on Callum?

Good attacking left back. If you play a lot down the wings with link up play between full backs and wide midfielders then he'll do well.

very good when with us and sadly missed,but that was in the championship,whether he can hack it in the spfl time will tell.as scary says good attacking full back

Yep, pretty much spot on.

He is a left back that can excite a crowd by getting forward and was as much of an attacking threat as he was defensive. I don't think he would have any problem playing at the top level in Scotland.

I think the fact he played through what was a very poor run of form for the Rovers and his still very highly regarded speaks volumes as well.