The New Raith Rovers Thread

That's the one thing that's really lacking from Rovers - youth development. It would be nice to see us bringing through more Colin Cameron and Shaun Dennis types. Maybe Callachan/Callag - who fucking cares, he's not done anything remotely worth remembering his name for - will make it, but he's the only one who even vaguely looks like cementing a place in the first team.

Our youth development is poor.

Still, here we are, so hopefully the Hearts youth can do the business for us.

Our youth development has always been poor. It is a total myth that once upon a time we produced a crop of good players. Cameron is very much the exception. The only player of note that we have produced in 30 years!

Sure we sold shields for a lot of money to Celtic but he amounted to nothing as a player.

Our youth development has always been poor. It is a total myth that once upon a time we produced a crop of good players. Cameron is very much the exception. The only player of note that we have produced in 30 years!Sure we sold shields for a lot of money to Celtic but he amounted to nothing as a player.

Dennis did very well for us too. Crawford, Dair, and Robbie Raeside, were others. Where did we get Sinky from?

McGurn should stay as long as is practically possible. No point getting rid of your best player if he is happy to stay. When he does decide to quit it would be nice if he could become the goalkeeper coach.

Agree with this entirely. If McGurn is let go at the end of the season it'll a tragedy. The man should be number one until such time as he doesn't want to be, or has a drastic loss of form. And after that if he's interested in coaching that'd be great too. Murray seems to have a thing about the part-time players - hopefully he sees the difference between part-timers like Hill and McGurn compared to full-timers like Perry and Laidlaw. Truly night and day. Aspiring to have a completely full-time squad is self-defeating for a club in our position.

And speaking of Murray, a well-earned word of credit for the way he's turned things round in the last month. 95% of us would've sacked him in December, and the other 5% wouldn't have too disappointed I don't imagine, I was particularly vocal in wanting rid of him but I'll be over the moon if he carries on proving me wrong.

Edited by Paco

Any news on when the queens games getting rescheduled for?

I've gotten Tuesday the 24th February off on holiday as its my birthday so kind of hoping its then..also would like it in February whilst we still have Carrick as we have no idea when Elliot will be back..

I would be surprised if the League dont issue a rearranged date soon and they will want it played in February I expect. At a guess they will wait to see if either of us has a Scottish Cup replay first. If neither does then Tuesday 17th looks a likely date unless they think its too short notice, in which case your Tuesday 24th may turn out to be right. Edited by Skyline Drifter

I would be surprised if the League dont issue a rearranged date soon and they will want it played in February I expect. At a guess they will wait to see if either of us has a Scottish Cup replay first. If neither does then Tuesday 17th looks a likely date unless they think its too short notice, in which case your Tuesday 24th may turn out to be right.

I think that the board would object to playing on the 17th as we play Rangers on Friday the 20th.

Only bonus about Rangers signing those players is that there should be a big crowd to see them play against us

The other possible bonus is the animosity in the dressing room if all five go straight into the first team. Who are the five current players who are getting dropped?

We'd also have to hope that they're all useless, which seems unlikely.

I see we still managed to keep a hold of Elliot and Scott. Was getting a bit nervous last night thinking we were going to lose one or both. Thank f*cl that's over.

I heard Strictly Come Dancing were sniffing about.