The New Raith Rovers Thread

Boy on Facebook bemoaning this signing. Would rather we'd signed someone like Colin Nish.

Jeez.

Everyone who has ever commented on the Facebook page is a dribbling moron. Indeed people who comment on any business, football club, website etc Facebook post are always dribbling morons. There are no exceptions. None.

Can only be very pleased about the signing of Carrick. The only drawback is we'll lose him after a month - could've done with more, and perhaps someone who could play in the Cup game too. But for Hibs away, Falkirk at home, Rangers at home and Livi away he's a very good addition to the squad.

McKay was on the bench v Dumbarton.

He was injured and thankfully Bert has used some common sense in not bringing him back in the starting eleven.

ETA, McKay was injured at the Falkirk game and didn't feature in the following game against Cowdenbeath but has been on the bench in the last two games.

Edited by Zen Archer

That's the one thing that's really lacking from Rovers - youth development. It would be nice to see us bringing through more Colin Cameron and Shaun Dennis types. Maybe Callachan/Callag - who fucking cares, he's not done anything remotely worth remembering his name for - will make it, but he's the only one who even vaguely looks like cementing a place in the first team.

Our youth development is poor.

Still, here we are, so hopefully the Hearts youth can do the business for us.

Edited by Scary Bear

That's the one thing that's really lacking from Rovers - youth development. It would be nice to see us bringing through more Colin Cameron and Shaun Dennis types. Maybe Callachan/Callag - who fucking cares, he's not done anything remotely worth remembering his name for - will make it, but he's the only one who even vaguely looks like cementing a place in the first team.

Our youth development is poor.

Still, here we are, so hopefully the Hearts youth can do the business for us.

Get down to Starks Park on the 12th of February and you can ask the board why this is.

Get down to Starks Park on the 12th of February and you can ask the board why this is.

My wife works until 9pm on a Thursday, so I'll be looking after the kids. My days of taking an active role with all things Rovers was a decade ago. These days I take a passive role.

However, I would be interested to hear the plans for the club and the Board's vision for the future.

If the Board are really serious about getting folk to show up for these meetings they should have them on a Saturday before or after home games. How many folk usually show up for an evening meeting? Personally, I usually get in from work at the back of 7 and the last thing I want is to head straight back out the door for something as frivolous as a Rovers meeting.

Edited by Scary Bear

My wife works until 9pm on a Thursday, so I'll be looking after the kids. My days of taking an active role with all things Rovers was a decade ago. These days I take a passive role.

However, I would be interested to hear the plans for the club and the Board's vision for the future.

If the Board are really serious about getting folk to show up for these meetings they should have them on a Saturday before or after home games. How many folk usually show up for an evening meeting? Personally, I usually get in from work at the back of 7 and the last thing I want is to head straight back out the door for something as frivolous as a Rovers meeting.

Now, now, we can't have fans turning up at a meeting with the board whilst carrying their own pitchforks.

From your own website, here, eleventh paragraph down, and I quote:

John Potter said that Ross Perry will not be his next signing despite having had the player training with them recently.

"He looked okay but we did not offer him anything. He was in again on Monday and Tuesday and when he asked if there was a deal there, I said not at the moment. He has chosen to have a look about elsewhere which is up to him."

Potter had him in for training for at least 3 days. That is showing interest, nugget boy.

The only time I was in special needs was looking after you. :lol:

His agent asked if he could come in for a trial, Potter agreed he could.

He never offered him any terms ergo he had no interest in signing him, I'm genuinely not sure at what point you're mind starts to struggle because it seems pretty easy to follow.

His agent asked if he could come in for a trial, Potter agreed he could.

He never offered him any terms ergo he had no interest in signing him, I'm genuinely not sure at what point you're mind starts to struggle because it seems pretty easy to follow.

Why did he take up the agent on the trial then, eh numbnuts?