The New Raith Rovers Thread

Also hearing that malpas has been in touch with players down south aswell and has. Been to watch 17 games over the last two months on scouting. Again forward thinking.

As much as I'd love to see murray get sacked pre season, I think the earliest this will happen is January next year if he hasn't managed to improve.

How exactly are we going to be offering the type of wages that would see a player up sticks and come to Kirkcaldy ?

How exactly are we going to be offering the type of wages that would see a player up sticks and come to Kirkcaldy ?

exactly,pie in the sky

I am guessing that Murray and Malpas already know who will be leaving and who will be staying and therefor what finances will be available, since we are a football club I sincerely hope we have a budget set aside for football players wages...?

When looking at the results this season, it's quite interesting in that of our 12 wins, only one of them we actually went behind in (Cowdenbeath at home in the 2-1 win)

From our 15 defeats, we only took the lead in one of them, at home to Hibs in the 3-1 defeat.

"Getting the first goal" is a rather cliched footballing term, but for us this season, it's definitely been the difference. Statistically anyway.

8 league clean sheets from 33 matches. 1 for Cuthbert, 2 for Laidlaw and 5 for McGurn.

So basically score first and keep McGurn and we will basically be given the title next season in mid February.

I am guessing that Murray and Malpas already know who will be leaving and who will be staying and therefor what finances will be available, since we are a football club I sincerely hope we have a budget set aside for football players wages...?

Wages yes, accomodation/relocation no

I hear the Evo Stick league has plenty of players who would like to sample the delights of 2nd tier Scottish Football......

I see what you are saying but I think it would be young players rather seasoned pros we would be looking at, Kirkcaldy might sound like Milan if the offer of first team football comes along to some 19 year old striker stagnating in Brighton reserves...

Just seems the club can do nothing right sometimes,

"Hey guys, Malpas has been at loads of games to scout players"

"What's the point we have no money, Kirkcaldys a dive, why would anyone come to us...???"

WTF?

I see what you are saying but I think it would be young players rather seasoned pros we would be looking at, Kirkcaldy might sound like Milan if the offer of first team football comes along to some 19 year old striker stagnating in Brighton reserves...

Just seems the club can do nothing right sometimes,

"Hey guys, Malpas has been at loads of games to scout players"

"What's the point we have no money, Kirkcaldys a dive, why would anyone come to us...???"

WTF?

We could attract loonies like Big Marvin, as St Patrick rid Ireland of snakes, Marvin rid Kirkcaldy of......................................

........................oh wait.

Val-McDermid-009.jpg

That's what I was thinking! England? Getting folk to come through from the West is a push (Baird).

I suppose you could look at it that housing costs are cheap in Kdy and Edinburgh is just across the water. It could attract players.

Anything is worth a shot. Malpas must know that market pretty well, seeing the signings him and Butcher made at ICT.

Just read James keatings is getting let go from hearts at the end of the season.... He could do a job for us

Would most certainly do a job for us but I would imagine that he is way out of our budget range.