The New Raith Rovers Thread

Good bit of news there ... I would like us to hand Vaughan another 1 year extension to so we have the both of them for the next 2 seasons ... Barr would also go on the list of "2 seasoners", although that long term injury he had could play into that ...

More so I'm delighted we seem to be moving in the right direction and actually using these young lads, after-all, what's the point in us paying money to keep youth teams going if we bring through 0 graduates !

Hopefully McGurn is next to sign, if he pens on the dotted line it will be a great start to next season :)

Pleased with that.

Was Callachan's deal up at the end of the season? Wording makes me wonder if it's a two year deal or an extension to his existing one.

If the former, good to see we're showing some ambition.

Excellent news for ourselves. The fact Ross would rather stay and develop at Starks, and you'd hope he's been told he'll be forming part of a mainstay in midfield on his performances since becoming a first team regular, speak volumes both about the player and what we're looking to do. I was under the impression his old deal finished at the end of the season, which makes talk of a bid seem quite strange. Overall, that's great news.

Excellent news for ourselves. The fact Ross would rather stay and develop at Starks, and you'd hope he's been told he'll be forming part of a mainstay in midfield on his performances since becoming a first team regular, speak volumes both about the player and what we're looking to do. I was under the impression his old deal finished at the end of the season, which makes talk of a bid seem quite strange. Overall, that's great news.

The club would be entitled to a development fee which would be quite paltry I assume, the club will be bolstering their chances of a higher fee by tying him down to a longer contract.

The news of Callaghan signing an extension and not wanting to move to an SPL team is absolutely brilliant news.

Reading the comments on this, I had no idea Hearts were looking to offload so many players if we can snap up 1 or 2 of them, that would be superb business but as previously mentioned probably out with our budget.

Hopefully Malpas has something up his sleeve for the close-season for transfers/signings.

Great news, very pleased Callachan himself has decided to stay quite aside from anything else - there's certainly no doubt he deserved a deal.

Hopefully Malpas has something up his sleeve for the close-season for transfers/signings.

Agree with this, I really miss the signings of complete randoms. We only seem to sign players we all know now. Bring back Karim El Khabir and Javier Amaya.

Rory McKeown tweeting that he's stuck with Callachan for another year. I wasn't aware he was on a 2 year deal. Not too sure how I feel about that one.

Callachan extending his stay is brilliant though. Great talent.

Rory McKeown tweeting that he's stuck with Callachan for another year. I wasn't aware he was on a 2 year deal. Not too sure how I feel about that one.

Callachan extending his stay is brilliant though. Great talent.

Maybe that's McKeown on the verge of signing a new one year deal himself?

Anyway, good news about Callachan.

Excellent news about young Ross great to see he has turned down a move to a Ross County better to play first tem with us for a year or two than sit in their reseves IMO and if he continues to impress a better team than County will give him an offer.

Be delighted if we can keep hold of McGurn, Watson, Barr, Thomson, Conway and Anderson. Vaughan, McKeown and Laidlaw have another year and Stewart or Nade may be worth another look. Fox and Moon for me can move on not done enough to earn another season and Elliot certainly hasn't as he spends more time mouthing at the referee than playing the game. Think we have the basis of a good team and with a few good additions we could make a challenge for the playoff spots next season if we can avoid our winter slump.