The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thought Barr was one of the best of a bad bunch today. I'm pleased he's on board for next season.

he wasn't the worst today but the defence looks more solid (and I'm pretty sure stats will prove we concede less goals) when Hill plays with Watson...

Livingston were the better team by a country mile today, had they converted their chances it could have been 7 or 8

We were second to almost every ball. to say that was embarrassing is an understatement.

Our defence was posted missing so often, and there again they were playing in front of Kevin "Keystone Cops" Cuthbert!!

I've seen less flapping on the floor of a fishing boat,he's not a patch on Dave McGurn. We are gonna be in bad way if K"F" C is our number 1 next season.

Cannot understand this team, 1600 plusRovers fans turned up today and all they got was dross.

Gutless Wonders 0 Golden Wonders 4

Well done Livi, played us off the park....:(

Livingston were the better team by a country mile today, had they converted their chances it could have been 7 or 8

We were second to almost every ball. to say that was embarrassing is an understatement.

Our defence was posted missing so often, and there again they were playing in front of Kevin "Keystone Cops" Cuthbert!!

I've seen less flapping on the floor of a fishing boat,he's not a patch on Dave McGurn. We are gonna be in bad way if K"F" C is our number 1 next season.

Cannot understand this team, 1600 plusRovers fans turned up today and all they got was dross.

Gutless Wonders 0 Golden Wonders 4

Well done Livi, played us off the park.... :(

I had thought of going for the Early Bird Season Ticket deal today.....after that?............Naw!!

While today's game was essentially meaningless, surely it should've had meaning for the players? With the exception of the handful we know are under contract / re-signed for next season, should they not have been going all out to impress today in order to win a new contract for next season - whether it's with the Rovers or some other team?

Re: McGurn / Cuthbert. I can totally understand why Murray would want to phase out the part timers - so that the team is all training together and working on tactics etc. However, if the part time keeper consistently performs significantly better than the full time one, surely this is a moot point? After all, regurgitating goalkicks / set pieces from the training ground, to perfection, is not really the be all and end all when you are frequently going 0-3 or 0-4 down.

I'm done. Quite simply done until the board grow a pair and get rid of the most inept manager I have ever seen at our club.

The guy is clueless and I genuinely fear relegation next season. We've now conceded 63 goals...63!!! Almost 2 a game! It's our worst goals conceded since the 2004/05 Anelka season and if we concede another 4 we match that. In fact take that season out and its our worst since 1996/97. We've only scored 40 goals and look unlikely to better than meaning only in 2009/10 have we been worse since the Anelka season. If we don't get a point next week then we equal our lowest points total since coming back up of 42 points in both last season and 2009/10.

Now clearly our esteemed "CEO" reads this forum given that he commented recently so can I ask him directly...is this acceptable? Is the performance that acceptable? Is conceding 9 goals at home to a team who could be relegated acceptable? Is finishing 20 points off the playoff's (which many times was said to be our target this season) acceptable?

We're all told "give him time" and that he's young manager. He's had 3 seasons in charge in which we have made no progression whatsoever whilst at the same time serving up the most awful awful football to watch.

Don't think he is going anywhere, he has a contract till the end of next season.

For next season I expect,

a 7th-9th place finish

Vaughan to spend most of the time on the bench

McGurn to have an outstanding season at his new club :(

Right, so how would charging the full paying customer more stop this abuse?

never said it would but may well help alleviate the loss the club claims they are making through the abuse .

end of the day no matter whats in place there will always be someone who will and can work the system

anyway after today and this seasons display in general abuse of the system is the least of rovers worries ,they will need to come up with a strategy on how to keep/get supporters to turn up next season

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I'm done. Quite simply done until the board grow a pair and get rid of the most inept manager I have ever seen at our club.

The guy is clueless and I genuinely fear relegation next season. We've now conceded 63 goals...63!!! Almost 2 a game! It's our worst goals conceded since the 2004/05 Anelka season and if we concede another 4 we match that. In fact take that season out and its our worst since 1996/97. We've only scored 40 goals and look unlikely to better than meaning only in 2009/10 have we been worse since the Anelka season. If we don't get a point next week then we equal our lowest points total since coming back up of 42 points in both last season and 2009/10.

Now clearly our esteemed "CEO" reads this forum given that he commented recently so can I ask him directly...is this acceptable? Is the performance that acceptable? Is conceding 9 goals at home to a team who could be relegated acceptable? Is finishing 20 points off the playoff's (which many times was said to be our target this season) acceptable?

We're all told "give him time" and that he's young manager. He's had 3 seasons in charge in which we have made no progression whatsoever whilst at the same time serving up the most awful awful football to watch.

yet there are some who still see this as a successful season,us who were calling for Murrays head not too long ago were slaughtered by some who are now wanting him gone

It's difficult to put a figure on it, but I'd estimate that fraud in various forms has cost us a five figure sum this season.

May I suggest that if you are genuinely interested in tackling fraud that yiu start with the guy that turns up every week in a full Rovers track suit. He has been sitting in the same seat for 3 seasons. I am sure he costs the club a fortune in actual spend as well as lost revenue. You will notice him. Sits or stands at the dug out. Either with his arms folded, hands on hips or leaning forward at the touchline. Claims to be a football manager or something. Pretty sure he might have passed some exams and have a nice wee certificate hanging on a wall somewhere. However I think you will find between 1200 and 1500 paying customers who will agree he is an utter imposter. The reason the product on the park is rancid and the reason the the crowds are dwindling and I am sure season ticket sales will be down again.

mcgurn has supposedly signed for another club this is not good for rovers and if Murray stays as manager I'll be wanting my season ticket refunded

I presume you've bought your season ticket for next season already?

If you were against watching the club with Murray in charge why did you buy a season ticket when he was in charge with no indication that he will be gone for next season?