The New Raith Rovers Thread

Matt Elder confirms McGurn wants to stay but not been spoken to by club.

This is a fucking joke! What an absolute shambles of a club we are.

Correct. What a way to treat him. Leaving him rotting on the bench while we suffer thumping after thumping.

Murray is pretty much finished in the eyes of 75% of the Rovers support I would guess. This run at the end of the season has eradicated what positive goodwill had been built up and he will have the fans on his back from the get go next season now.

May I suggest that if you are genuinely interested in tackling fraud that yiu start with the guy that turns up every week in a full Rovers track suit. He has been sitting in the same seat for 3 seasons. I am sure he costs the club a fortune in actual spend as well as lost revenue. You will notice him. Sits or stands at the dug out. Either with his arms folded, hands on hips or leaning forward at the touchline. Claims to be a football manager or something. Pretty sure he might have passed some exams and have a nice wee certificate hanging on a wall somewhere. However I think you will find between 1200 and 1500 paying customers who will agree he is an utter imposter. The reason the product on the park is rancid and the reason the the crowds are dwindling and I am sure season ticket sales will be down again.

can't argue with that.

I would punt Thompson. He seems immune from criticism but is at very best average. His abilities as a captain are laughable. In the main the 4est are OK with McGurn behind them.

I've said this already on here. I don't actually see what he offers. When have you ever seen him do what a captain sound do?

I have no doubt though that he'll be offered a new contract.

Doesn't Thomson have a clause in his contract where he has to be offered a new one if he makes a certain amount of appearances, a figure he's presumably surpassed as he's played every game.

Correct. Up to him whether he wants to accept a new deal though.

I've said this already on here. I don't actually see what he offers. When have you ever seen him do what a captain sound do?

I have no doubt though that he'll be offered a new contract.

After today, his captaincy should be taken off him. Mcgurn, Hill, Anderson, Watson and Nade should all get a look in before him anyway. At the end of the game, he was the first off the pitch and down the tunnel whilst the five players I mentioned came over to the fans. The least I would expect from our captain is to build a bit of a Connection/Rapport with the fans.

McGurn goes we riot. Ridiculous.

It should be as simple as:- McGurn wants to stay = Offer him a contract.

He's our talisman, the best 'keeper a couple of generations of Raith Rovers supporters have seen, arguably the best 'keeper we've ever had so why the pissing about with offering him something and getting him tied down?

Edited by Andy C

After today, his captaincy should be taken off him. Mcgurn, Hill, Anderson, Watson and Nade should all get a look in before him anyway. At the end of the game, he was the first off the pitch and down the tunnel whilst the five players I mentioned came over to the fans. The least I would expect from our captain is to build a bit of a Connection/Rapport with the fans.

To be fair to him he was back out with the rest of the team to sign autographs for the kids. A few of the players like Watson and Barr even apologised to fans for the performance while signing.

It should be as simple as:- McGurn wants to stay = Offer him a contract.

With it now pretty clear he wants to remain at the club it really is all that simple.

It seems absolutely mental that the club haven't put a contract in front of him.

To be fair to him he was back out with the rest of the team to sign autographs for the kids. A few of the players like Watson and Barr even apologised to fans for the performance while signing.

To be fair to him? They were probably told to get back up the stairs and do what professional players should do..

After Mcgurn came over to speak to the fans etc.. He probably went down the tunnel to get on at the rest of them for not thanking the guys who have paid their wages all season.

To be fair to him? They were probably told to get back up the stairs and do what professional players should do..

After Mcgurn came over to speak to the fans etc.. He probably went down the tunnel to get on at the rest of them for not thanking the guys who have paid their wages all season.

So if he doesn't come to the fans it proves he's not fit to be captain. If he does it's only because he's been told to or what he should do. Sounds like a classic case of he can't win either way. I think they used the same approach to witches in the past Edited by roverthemoon

Serious questions need to asked about Grant Murray's judgement if Dave McGurn hasn't been offered a new deal. Leaving him to, as someone else mentioned, rot on the bench whilst we concede 4's and 5's again is diabolical management. In McGurn, the fans actually have someone who they universally like, and if Murray is going to let him walk away from the football club whilst he stays, it'll be the biggest travesty in recent times at RRFC.

So if he doesn't come to the fans it proves he's not fit to be captain. If he does it's only because he's been told to or what he should do. Sounds like a classic case of he can't win either way. I think they used the same approach to witches in the past

As captain, he should never have turned his back on the fans. Come over and apologise would have been the right thing to do. He left to head down the tunnel whilst 5 other player's first thought was the fans. That's what a captain should be like. He ran off until the ground had pretty much cleared.. Those kids, are they the only fans that the players should be apologising to?