The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've spoken to guy I know very well at Dundee Utd who works with youth. Petrie was very highly thought of and many are surprised he's been released. Been told that so long as he stays fit there's player in there and he'll do a good job.

He certainly can't be any worse than Fox and Scott and will be cheaper than both. Also McKinnon clearly thinks there's talent there but we'll have to wait and see.

I've spoken to guy I know very well at Dundee Utd who works with youth. Petrie was very highly thought of and many are surprised he's been released.

Haven't heard a United supporter yet who wasn't surprised, development PotY last year and touted as the next big thing, for his position anyway. If you ever find out WTF happened we'd be delighted to know over in the United 2015/16 thread.

A friend who was at the player of the year do told me that Mckeown said Murray told him he was signing him as a LM/LW which is where he is comfortable, then proceeded to play him at LB, I wouldn't mind if we tried Mckeown further forward and signed a replacement LB

Edited by RoversMad

Still reckon Mitch Megginson could end up at Raith. Especially now you're needing a winger.

Not too sure about that. He'd have been guaranteed to have been Om his way here, had it been Grant Murray still in charge as he was clearly a fan of Mitch. With the fact that he was released by a part time side though, Ray might be a hit weary about taking him on. We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't think it's unrealistic to think Cardle could sign back with us once he's back up from London.. So Megginson could be decent cover to have but I wouldn't have him starting, regardless.

I know but it seems very unprofessional/extremely stupid to tell your current club that before he's even offered a deal with us.

How do you know he wasn't offered a deal with us already?

It doesn't necessarily mean he's burnt his bridges at Dumbarton. If he's got a good relationship with the club, and there's nothing to suggest he doesn't, then he's probably made it quite clear that he's looking to go full-time and there's no point in them making him an offer as things stand. Nothing to stop them offering him a deal if his Rovers offer falls through.

Mostly right, RATM. Mitch has said from day 1 with us that getting back to full-time football is his aim. I'm not sure if this took place after our match at Alloa but Murray slated the players and said a few would be leaving. It could be that Mitch has said it in the heat of the moment in an argument with Murray or it could be that Mitch had a deal with Grant Murray and that then fell through. Although I don't think we'll be offering him a deal now unless Aitken wants him but again, I don't see it.

Mostly right, RATM. Mitch has said from day 1 with us that getting back to full-time football is his aim. I'm not sure if this took place after our match at Alloa but Murray slated the players and said a few would be leaving. It could be that Mitch has said it in the heat of the moment in an argument with Murray or it could be that Mitch had a deal with Grant Murray and that then fell through. Although I don't think we'll be offering him a deal now unless Aitken wants him but again, I don't see it.

Mitch had agreed a deal with Grant Murray, he then turned down the deal at Dumbarton only for Murray to get the sack a week later

You'd think there would be something from the club regarding Petrie signing?

We've maybe got another deal close to being finalised as well and releasing the statement Monday morning after contracts have run out at other clubs instead of releasing 2 or 3 statements over 3 days, just release the one at the end of the weekend with a few announcements in it..

If that makes sense :lol:

We've maybe got another deal close to being finalised as well and releasing the statement Monday morning after contracts have run out at other clubs instead of releasing 2 or 3 statements over 3 days, just release the one at the end of the weekend with a few announcements in it..

If that makes sense :lol:

Making sense? Will I never? :lol: