The New Raith Rovers Thread

Probably also one of our higher earners, so there's that.....

Also true.

I do think that despite that liklihood, he'd have been worth keeping. His contributions to the team justified it.

I wonder if McKinnon will look to appoint a new captain. Someone like Barr would seem to be a decent option.

I'd be happy for Thomson NOT to be captain and, perhaps controversially, happy enough if he left. His marauding attacks are too few, he's slow to get back, slow to turn and generally, well, slow. Caught in posession and out of position too often in my opinion. Not sure right back is a great place for a captain to be anyway. Prefer midfield, where he can reach all the players. Our midfield might be a bit young for that, depending on signings still to be made, so at a push I'd go for central defence. Just not Thomson.

If this means Iain Russell is being phased out at Queens then he'd be a decent replacement for Conroy. 32 now but certainly worth a 12 month deal.

In terms of a replacement from the level McKinnon came from, Denholm from Forfar might be an option, although I'm unsure if his contract is up or not.

Andy Stirling is another possibility. If he can reproduce the form he demonstrated at Stranraer then he'd do fine. Play as he did at Dunfermline and he'll probably be getting pelters by the middle of August though.

If this means Iain Russell is being phased out at Queens then he'd be a decent replacement for Conroy. 32 now but certainly worth a 12 month deal.

In terms of a replacement from the level McKinnon came from, Denholm from Forfar might be an option, although I'm unsure if his contract is up or not.

Andy Stirling is another possibility. If he can reproduce the form he demonstrated at Stranraer then he'd do fine. Play as he did at Dunfermline and he'll probably be getting pelters by the middle of August though.

Young Andy Stirling's already gone back to the warm bosom of Stranraer.

I'd happily take Cardle back. He was very much a fans favourite albeit it was always frustrating that he never seemed massively consistent. I don't think there's much separating him and Conroy statistically during their full seasons with Rovers. Both chipped in a healthy number of goals and assists.

My pal says he hears the Benny Hill music when he sees Mark Stewart. Any chance we could nickname him Benny and the club could play the Benny Hill music when Mark scores?

I've simply known him as Speedboat, down to one of the Falkirk fans from here describing him as being "like a speedboat without a driver". Fortunately, with a bit of confidence and a talented partner in Vaughan.

I've simply known him as Speedboat, down to one of the Falkirk fans from here describing him as being "like a speedboat without a driver". Fortunately, with a bit of confidence and a talented partner in Vaughan.

I would feel a bit mad calling him speedboat. Benny is a better fit. Maybe need a poll on Fantalk to come up with a decent nickname.

For some reason, I think he fits will with the Rovers. He's unfashionable, like us. But he's decent enough. I just hope him a Vaughan get off to a good start again next season.

Edited by Scary Bear

Folk up in arms on Facebook about the competition the club is running regarding the season ticket.

"WHY U NO DAE THIS WI THE EARLY BURDZ?"

Maybe because that was the point in the early birds, already discounted? People are stupid.

Getting a little carried away, aren't we? I haven't seen him say a single thing that I wouldn't expect from any new football manager.

I'm sure if you asked Grant Murray "Would you try to sign a talented 16 year old for the academy?" he'd have said "Aye" too.

this

But Murray didn't say it, and didn't really do it.

Callachan was basically ready to pack up to go to Peterhead, but due to injuries mounting up, Murray had to play him. To me that doesn't look like it was by choice, or because he was the best player for the job.

We had too many Journeymans last season, particularly in midfield. If we can get a central midfielder that gets forward, and one that can sit back (that still has a bit of pace) both of them can compliment Callachan as he can do either role. Matthews will hopefully get more game time this season as well.

Never win anything with kids though...

Folk up in arms on Facebook about the competition the club is running regarding the season ticket.

"WHY U NO DAE THIS WI THE EARLY BURDZ?"

Maybe because that was the point in the early birds, already discounted? People are stupid.

Bit of a difference between getting an early discount and getting the whole cost refunded. Like a couple hundred quid difference.

Conroy was 50/50 for me. Wouldn't have minded if we had kept him but wouldn't have been fussed if he left. Happy with the news regarding Steawrt. Hopefully both himself and Vaughan strike up a good partnership again next season.

Our Facebook page is something else. What a shower of petty, moaning b*****ds.

If this offer shifts a few more season tickets then that's great. The majority who would have bought will have done so by taking advantage of the early bird offer.