The New Raith Rovers Thread

Mirroring whats said, happy with McKinnons first interview, seems very calm, composed, relaxed and came across like he wants to put his stamp on our team with a specific way of playing ... Finally we have a manager that actually knows how he wants to play and will sign the correct players to do so, so yeah on talk so far I'm happy enough !

Interesting he said a few of our team have been in talks elsewhere, wonder who ? IMO only players we should be signing are Ando, Conroy, Stewart & Thomson (if he hasn't got a 2 year deal ?) ... Watson & Moon im 50/50 on after poor seasons, rest can go haha !

Edited by ADMO

Aye, I'm not sure what Petrie's meant to be. He came as a "left sided, tough tackling midfielder" but I didn't see any evidence of that. In fact, he actually had to go off at Livi after he didn't fully commit to a 50/50. It doesn't surprise me that we don't appear to be back in for him now that he's been released.

Petrie strikes me as the sort of player who'll never be the same after his severe injury. Before it he may have been tough tackling and solid but clearly it still affects him, I don't think I saw him make one tackle in his entire time with us.

Was on loan at Dumbarton last season - worth asking in their thread what they thought of him.

All rumours, though, and McKinnon is only just in the door. Would imagine he'll speak to current squad first.

Darren Petrie turned in one of the single worst performances I've ever witnessed away at Alloa. He spent the entire match running away from the ball. You could tell Murray knew he wasn't up to it and only used him when we were desperately short.

Wasn't a fan. In the slightest.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/championship/raith-boss-ray-mckinnon-delighted-to-be-back-in-full-time-football-again-1.878663

The more and more I hear him speak the more and more I like him. He's made more sense in 3 days than Murray made in 3 years.

Great to hear him talk about youth and looking to bring many more through.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/championship/raith-boss-ray-mckinnon-delighted-to-be-back-in-full-time-football-again-1.878663

The more and more I hear him speak the more and more I like him. He's made more sense in 3 days than Murray made in 3 years.

Great to hear him talk about youth and looking to bring many more through.

On Monday he said "first and foremost" at one point.....