The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think McKinnon has realised this is a good time to bale out at Brechin due to them losing some of their best players this summer.

I thought we might have done better but happy to give him a few games to see if he is an improvement on Murray.

Hopefully there will be an interview with him up soon so we can find out a bit more about his plans.

Change it McKinnon

Are you watching this McKinnon?

McKinnon, McKinnon get tae f**k

Last one a bit of a mouthful but otherwise happy

Good luck in the job Ray

That last one just won't work. It would have to be "f**k off Mckinnon, ya..." Obviously screamed at high volume with flecks of spit going all over the place.

Good luck to Raymondo. Bring some excitement to the San Starko.

We spoke in detail to four of the very best candidates from a very long list of applicants. Only one, Ray, was formally offered the job and we are very pleased that he has accepted.

It looks like Eric has took the opportunity to call you out as a fibber.

Key word 'formally'. Were others offered it informally?

Just stirring. Not really bothered either way. Good to see the Board have got who they want. Hopefully he does the business.

Bugger!

It was always going to be the case he would leave.

He does and can change games with substitutes and can put ore attack minded players on the park if he wants.

M only criticism of him would be sometimes he plays too safe - he a lot of draws for us last season. I wonder if he will try and get Tapping to you guys - he is a stand out in our team - albeit he was curtailed by injury this season but nevertheless could easily be playing at a higher level - equally Masson who was on loan at us from Aberdeen has been released by Aberdeen, he might go for him. Two talented forward thinking midfielders - although Masson without the ball can get a bit lazy.

Either way all the best to Ray and hopefully you have a fruitful time at the Starks.

Not sure where to start after reading some of the comments in the last few pages from certain posters (scary bear being the most prominant i think). The way a few are writing on here its as if you were expecting Jurgen Klopp to be appointed once he's finished with Dortmund? Funny that some Dunfermline fans as well putting down McKinnon because he's done 'f**k all' yet their vastly experienced managment team of Jeffries and Potter finished in the lofty heights of 7th this season 3 places behind Ray 'I've done nothing of note' McKinnon. :rolleyes:

As 'Steve has mentioned when Ray took over from Jim Weir, Brechin were languishing in the lower half of the table and didn't look like they knew their own team mates. But after two weeks in charge (international break) Brechin got back to winning ways and Ray had the team playing for each other. His strength is getting the best out of the players he had at the Glebe and this was epitomised with Bobby Barr this season. In the first third of the season Barr was running hot and cold, when he played well, the team played well and vice versa. Ray, Grant and Darren took him to one side to have a chat with him and from then on he's been one of our best players. Depending on which guys are kept / still under contract at Raith and under performed last season I'm sure Ray and his team will get them working to the best of their abilities. Your operating budget will no doubt be larger than Brechin's which will allow a better quality of player to be signed but he's got his contacts with Dundee United and Aberdeen so the odd loan player from higher divisions will help in departments that you're short in.

The season that McKinnon did badly in was plighted with injuries to key players (i think our lowest was naming 13 fit players with 3 injured guys being named on the bench!) but it was also hampered by releasing Gary Fusco and bringing in a couple of guys called Stuart Anderson and Alan Walker......now where did they come from i wonder! ;) Whilst they were more in the style that Ray wanted to bring into the midfield, at this level they failed miserably and moved on pretty sharpish. Other than that, his loan signings worked well at this level, Darren Petrie, Kyle McAusland (before Dunfermline ruined him), Jamie Masson, Craig Wighton etc etc

With a full summer to assess the current squad and bring in some new guys I would like to think that Raith will be up the top end of the table even with the number of good quality sides in the division.

All the best to the Scottish Mourihno :thumsup2

Not sure where to start after reading some of the comments in the last few pages from certain posters (scary bear being the most prominant i think). The way a few are writing on here its as if you were expecting Jurgen Klopp to be appointed once he's finished with Dortmund? Funny that some Dunfermline fans as well putting down McKinnon because he's done 'f**k all' yet their vastly experienced managment team of Jeffries and Potter finished in the lofty heights of 7th this season 3 places behind Ray 'I've done nothing of note' McKinnon. :rolleyes:

As 'Steve has mentioned when Ray took over from Jim Weir, Brechin were languishing in the lower half of the table and didn't look like they knew their own team mates. But after two weeks in charge (international break) Brechin got back to winning ways and Ray had the team playing for each other. His strength is getting the best out of the players he had at the Glebe and this was epitomised with Bobby Barr this season. In the first third of the season Barr was running hot and cold, when he played well, the team played well and vice versa. Ray, Grant and Darren took him to one side to have a chat with him and from then on he's been one of our best players. Depending on which guys are kept / still under contract at Raith and under performed last season I'm sure Ray and his team will get them working to the best of their abilities. Your operating budget will no doubt be larger than Brechin's which will allow a better quality of player to be signed but he's got his contacts with Dundee United and Aberdeen so the odd loan player from higher divisions will help in departments that you're short in.

The season that McKinnon did badly in was plighted with injuries to key players (i think our lowest was naming 13 fit players with 3 injured guys being named on the bench!) but it was also hampered by releasing Gary Fusco and bringing in a couple of guys called Stuart Anderson and Alan Walker......now where did they come from i wonder! ;) Whilst they were more in the style that Ray wanted to bring into the midfield, at this level they failed miserably and moved on pretty sharpish. Other than that, his loan signings worked well at this level, Darren Petrie, Kyle McAusland (before Dunfermline ruined him), Jamie Masson, Craig Wighton etc etc

With a full summer to assess the current squad and bring in some new guys I would like to think that Raith will be up the top end of the table even with the number of good quality sides in the division.

All the best to the Scottish Mourihno :thumsup2

The voice of reason from someone who actually knows what McKinnon is about!! Well done that man.

Seem to remember a young(34 year old) coming to Raith from Dunfermline in 1990 and having to listen to the moaners/ conspiracy theorists at that time.

Well, some of you will recall that guy made quite a good job then,heady days for him and RRFC.

Can we just calm the jets and give McKinnon some time and then see where we are further down the road instead of bumping our gums about in house happenings that we know nothing of ?

We will be owed compo - he recently signed a contract with a signing on fee of £100,000.

Get the cheque book oot. :lol:

Hopefully there's a full time manager release clause :P

The voice of reason from someone who actually knows what McKinnon is about!! Well done that man.

Its a drawback of watching my team every week ;)

One thing i forgot to mention in my previous post was about another unknown quantity in terms of a little known manager (only previous experience was assistant at Cowdenbeath under Jimmy Nicholl i think???) called Michael O Neill. Whilst I think most will agree he's an exception to the rule (certainly in terms of Brechin managers) he, like McKinnon got the players playing some slick passing football and most (sensible) fans agree that he has been one of the best managers in recent years although he never 'achieved' anything before getting poached by Shamrock Rovers and subsequently going onto the Northern Irish national team coach. Not too bad a career path in the space of five years. Would love to see him back in league management when he calls it a day with the national side. 8)

Not really sure what to think about McKinnon but honsetly that is becuase I don't know a lot about him. We wanted Murray to move on and the board have done this, hopefully McKinnon plays a bit more attractive football and looks to develop young players. Wouldn't have been my first pick but he obviously impressed the board to get the job and is certainly a better appointment than Naysmith for me. Be interesting to see who he keeps and who he moves on, looking forward to seeing how he does at a higher level, only time will tell if he is the right man for the job. Best of luck McKinnon.

Edited by San Starko Rover

I agree, the Pars are shite. Can the new manager get in the right players and turn it around? Until then we'll be Fife's No.1. Just as we've been for the last couple of seasons. Good luck fighting it out with Cowden for second.

Undoubtedly the best team in Fife atm you are.

You'll always know who's the big team is though ;)

Wrong, in the one season where it was Potter and Jefferies we finished second where Brechin finished closer to the relegation playoffs?

At the point of his sacking this season Jefferies also had us about six points infront of Brechin.

Undoubtedly Potter was awful but then you won't find anyone who supports Dunfermline saying differently.

So apart from being massively and completely wrong, well done.

Anytime Allan Walker's name is mentioned it should be compulsory to show this clip.... :)

Annnnnd to balance it up someone should probably put the picture up of him crying at EEP later on in the season;)

Seem to remember a young(34 year old) coming to Raith from Dunfermline in 1990 and having to listen to the moaners/ conspiracy theorists at that time.

Well, some of you will recall that guy made quite a good job then,heady days for him and RRFC.

Can we just calm the jets and give McKinnon some time and then see where we are further down the road instead of bumping our gums about in house happenings that we know nothing of ?

Here's hoping McKinnon doesn't do a Nicholl and wait a season till he gets an assistant in, and then starts producing results.