The New Raith Rovers Thread

Think that's the bonus with Callachan & Vaughan at the minute, they've both proved they are good enough to be first team, so that's 2 first team players we don't have to go sign ...

Who knows, Matthews looked good on his debt, another year or so under his belt he could be added as another first teamer, got Bates in there to ...

This is why it baffles me why its taking so long to bring some youth through, obviously we will probably have a low output of players who can actually play for the first team, but it saves us money (larger contracts for more "known" guys), it could make us money (selling them on) and its additional players for our squad meaning less running around looking for new ones each season ... Win win all round, lets hope it continues for many seasons to come :)

I've been banging on about this for years. McGlynn, for all the good work he did for the club, never brought through any youth players and then Murray, up until Christmas time, had only played Laidlaw because he never really had a choice! If Murray had started to blood a few youngsters at the end of the season instead of playing Fox, Scott, McKay and Elliot then he might still be in a job!

I don't think we're under any illusion that if Callachan and Vaughan do well this season they'll be away but so long as we get some good money for them then that's what matters. Then use those funds to reinvest in more youth. I can't believe it's taken us so long to get into this way of thinking but McKinnon seems to be the guy to do it.

As for the 4pm signing...it really could be anyone!

I've been banging on about this for years. McGlynn, for all the good work he did for the club, never brought through any youth players and then Murray, up until Christmas time, had only played Laidlaw because he never really had a choice! If Murray had started to blood a few youngsters at the end of the season instead of playing Fox, Scott, McKay and Elliot then he might still be in a job!

I don't think we're under any illusion that if Callachan and Vaughan do well this season they'll be away but so long as we get some good money for them then that's what matters. Then use those funds to reinvest in more youth. I can't believe it's taken us so long to get into this way of thinking but McKinnon seems to be the guy to do it.

As for the 4pm signing...it really could be anyone!

It'll probably be Laidlaw or Watson resigning.

Although, I'm hoping for a striker.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Can't say i can recall much on Megginson so I don't really have much to say on that front ... What we think ? Good ? Bad ?

Also notes a Centre Back should be signing next week ... McAusland perhaps ? ...

If Megginson is used correctly (played wide with license to come inside) he'll do well. Play him anywhere else and he'll be non existant. A victim of shite tactics from us last year and I hear the new management team tried to keep him but there you go. Finished our top scorer 2 seasons ago playing wide.

Edited by The Moonster

If Megginson is used correctly (played wide with license to come inside) he'll do well. Play him anywhere else and he'll be non existant. A victim of shite tactics from us last year and I hear the new management team tried to keep him but there you go. Finished our top scorer 2 seasons ago playing wide.

post-31698-0-09603200-1433517250.jpg

Can he played left wing? Would make sense in us signing him if that's his best position

Aye, as the Moonster says Mitch (if deployed on the left wing and given the freedom to cut inside when he wants) will be a decent signing. He's got a thunderous shot on him and a great work rate, unfortunately if you're playing miserable tactics as we were last season or try him up front, number 10 or centre mid then you'll not notice him at all.

You and Clyde just sharing our cast offs from last season now, with Mitch and Petrie?!

Aye, as the Moonster says Mitch (if deployed on the left wing and given the freedom to cut inside when he wants) will be a decent signing. He's got a thunderous shot on him and a great work rate, unfortunately if you're playing miserable tactics as we were last season or try him up front, number 10 or centre mid then you'll not notice him at all.

You and Clyde just sharing our cast offs from last season now, with Mitch and Petrie?!

Petrie's one of your cast-offs? I thought he was under contract at Dundee United last season?

Petrie's one of your cast-offs? I thought he was under contract at Dundee United last season?

He was still pretty brutal at Dumbarton according to them.

Brutal is maybe a bit harsh. Anonymous would be more suitable, think he shied out of every single tackle in every game he played.

Seems Mitch could be a decent capture for the left side to then ... Overall all the business seems to be very positive ... The change McKinnon seems to be bringing just knowing who he wants to stay/go, how he wants to play and who he wants to bring in compared to Murrays "I've signed him on FM" styled dealings is night and day ! Good early moves all round ...