The New Raith Rovers Thread

Good signing, Shame about it only being 6 months though as it will leave us looking for a striker after Christmas.

Agree with this entirely.

Maybe Dundee weren't happy to let him go out for a full season.

i wouldnt read to much into the deal only being 6 months. i read last week a piece from hartley that stated he was delighted that a championship club was interested in taking craig on loan, hartley rates him highly but still feels he has a lot to learn and since the championship has rangers hibs and st mirren in the league its the next step in craigs career according to hartley.

he also stated that the length of any loan deal was determined on how well Loy, hemmings, stewart, Mcgowan, Low, ferry harris, mcginn, roberts all perform during the season, and if their wasnt a place for wighton then the loan could be extended, again depending on craigs development aswell.

cracking signing for us even if it is only for 6 months, but he should be capable of standing out at this level from what ive heard from dundee fans and reports.

another piece of the rovers jigsaw masterpiece.

Wighton is more of a number 10 player than a 9 and will likely create chances and link up well, not sure he's an out and out goal scorer. If Vaughan is more of a number 9 player then it could work.

Wighton is more of a number 10 player than a 9 and will likely create chances and link up well, not sure he's an out and out goal scorer. If Vaughan is more of a number 9 player then it could work.

No, Vaughan is a drop deep, link up play kind of player, but then Megginson could easily play in behind as well - the only out an out number 9 we have is Stewart, it may be that McKinnon will try playing Wighton as the most advanced number 9 type anyway.

Vaughan is more of a poacher, its stewart who i suggest is our No.9

Really hope Wighton establishes himself in the team and helps you boys do well. It's a great chance for him. If you could also gain promotion so we can have away days in Kirkcaldy again that would be good too. Thank you.

Really hope Wighton establishes himself in the team and helps you boys do well. It's a great chance for him. If you could also gain promotion so we can have away days in Kirkcaldy again that would be good too. Thank you.

Or you get relegated, because that might be the only chance haha. On a serious note. We'll be fighting for mid table again as our team is very young. So we have to gell quickly.

Business has been brisk alright. I think we will sign more but I think the boss needs to see what he's got and how they are gelling. As this will have an effect on who or what type of player he gets in.

In terms of experience, McGurn (and also Cuthbert), Thompson, Barr, Anderson, McCord, and Stewart are all pretty experienced players at this level.

I'm not sure what other experience we need throughout the team?

Lets be honest, we've had plenty of players with experience who have come to us from other clubs. Both Fox and Scott are two of our most recent examples of players coming to us who've been deemed experience and offered little. You could look further back and add others like Kevin McBride and Thierry Gatheussi during McGlynn's time. Time will tell if we'll be successful, but experience isn't always everything. I'd far rather have a rough diamond like Ross Callachan than a more experienced player like Martin Scott or Liam Fox.

Is Paul Watson any good?

He is a good defender at this level. Would be surprised if he signed for Hibs, right enough, but you would get a good centre half who wouldn't cost you too much in wages. That presumes you guys are in for him, of course.

We offered him a deal, but he was stalling over it and McKinnon got fed up and signed someone else. I'd have liked to see him stay, but the situation was handled correctly.