The New Raith Rovers Thread

Aaron birch from west brom ( attacking midfielder) been on trial with us all this week.

Would fit the part about being a midfielder and based in England but McKinnon in FFP says he'll join for training on Friday afternoon which suggests he may not have been involved in training already.

Seriously Rovers do a great job at keeping us all guessing!

Not a dig Yoss but even the Icelandic lad from hearts scored a wonder goal. YouTube is probably the most misleading site for footballers.

Loved that goal. I mind the tannoy guy really struggling with our front two that day, Hjalmar Thorarinsson and Armand One. Think Davo scored the first that day, and then got sent off? Cannae mind if it was the same game that Brown did his shoulder in....

Edited by renton

Interesting stuff, like the look of Birch but then again Masson hit a pearler of a free kick and we've lost Conroy for them.

Players wise we are showing a squad of 24 with another joining tomorrow but 4 of them are keepers.

We seem fairly well covered in all areas except up top where if Stewart (one not known for his prolifiency sp) was to be injured would leave us with just Vaughan and Wighton. I think I'd have liked to see another striker come in.

I'd like to see Cuthbert go to free up a wage as I'm sure he'll be on more than Laidlaw who I think is as good a keeper and will only get better with age.

Defensively we can only hope Benedictus and Toshney will be able replacements for Watson and Hill who I thought were our strongest pairing last year.

Midfield, even without another signing we seemed to have plenty of Central guys but are a but short of cover for wide men.

I'm sure it'll all work out fine in the end, in Ray we trust.

Not a dig Yoss but even the Icelandic lad from hearts scored a wonder goal. YouTube is probably the most misleading site for footballers.

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

This lad birch, I checked him Out and it says transfered to unknown so it might be him you know, tall lad.

No one believes a word you say anymore so your comments are irrelevant! Raiths version of waspie 1.

Haha, just been catching up with the forum chat.

We'll played mealsonwheels, great example of easy it is to get a rumour up and running.

As for the squad, I'm pretty happy.

Hopefully bring in one or two more before Brechin next week.

From official Twitter no one on social media has so far guessed tomorrow's signing - the plot thickens!

Lee McCulloch. You heard it here first. I'm getting 'Elbows' on the back if my shirt. 'Forearm Smash' on the front.