The New Raith Rovers Thread

Exactly this. Davidson was a cracking player for us in his 8 years regardless of how big his ego got. My point was that every season there is an overhaul of the squad and fans are quick to criticise players who are released or that move on who actually done a solid enough job for us and end up playing at higher level or one of our rivals and doing well.

Davo was never a cracking player for us. Ever. He was however a decent player who done the job that was required for the most part. If he ever actually realised he was a limited player but was good at what he done and stuck to it he would have been remembered more fondly, he was also very poor positionally for the most part reguardless if he was in midfield or at centre half.

I think Ryan's point might have been that our supporters are pretty quick to dismiss players as not good enough for us, only to see them move up a level.

This is probably true of Davidson and Dyer, both of whom definitely had their share of critics. I personally rated Davidson and was sorry to see him go, though I'm still unsure as to Dyer holds down a regular place in that Dundee side every week.

Exactly this. Davidson was a cracking player for us in his 8 years regardless of how big his ego got. My point was that every season there is an overhaul of the squad and fans are quick to criticise players who are released or that move on who actually done a solid enough job for us and end up playing at higher level or one of our rivals and doing well.

Ah, that's fine then. Play on.

I only tick them off the list if I've seen the Pars play there in a competitive fixture. I've obviously been to Hampden but haven't seen Pars play Queen's Park there so don't count it.

Saw the Pars at hampden in the early 90's against Hibs.

Only time you'll see a Fife team in a said my dad.........

I forgot about Raydale and Firs Park. Haven't been to either, but one of the sides is now dead, and the other plays at Ochilview now. (And I've seen us play East Stirling there) so still technically just the 5 missing from the current 42 senior clubs.

I'm hopeful I can complete the whole lot, but only if the missing sides come up to play at our level, rather than us go down to theirs....

Looking forward to tonight's friendly. Looking for an open game, with a few goals and some entertainment. Although friendlies often aren't terrific spectacles.

I forgot about Raydale and Firs Park. Haven't been to either, but one of the sides is now dead, and the other plays at Ochilview now. (And I've seen us play East Stirling there) so still technically just the 5 missing from the current 42 senior clubs.

I'm hopeful I can complete the whole lot, but only if the missing sides come up to play at our level, rather than us go down to theirs....

Looking forward to tonight's friendly. Looking for an open game, with a few goals and some entertainment. Although friendlies often aren't terrific spectacles.

yeah, gonna be interesting watching near enough a whole new team......

Crawford Allan is the ref, so surely there's your first boo.

Reckon that team is possibly Mitch Megginson away from the one McKinnon will start the season with. Cuthbert is in goal though, so booooo anyway.

Edited by Michael W

Alzheimer's !!

Yes those 2 and Anfield as well.

Scary how many old ground have been lost.

Don't remember Robbies Park or Cathkin though.

was at both those grounds too, but must hold my hands up, never made the trip to Peterheads old ground, that would have been the cup tie settled at a neutral Gayfield (which I was at) in front of the TV cameras after drawing home and away...

I only tick them off the list if I've seen the Pars play there in a competitive fixture. I've obviously been to Hampden but haven't seen Pars play Queen's Park there so don't count it.

seen us win the league at Hampden :P

Starting xi anyone? Cannot attend

Cuthbert

Thomson

McKeown

Toshney

Benedictus

Callachan

Craigen

McCord

Wighton

Vaughan