The New Raith Rovers Thread

According to Wiki he was born in December 1995. Would that make him 16 years and 5 months when he made his debut? He's only 19 now.

Think he started against Hearts in the League Cup in 2013-14 season.

:blink: yup, my bad.

Was Vaughan anywhere near the starting 11 at 17?

I don't see the relevance of comparing Wighton now to Vaughan at that stage. The fact is we only have Wighton for the next 6 months so the type of player he will be at 19 or 20 is irrelevant. We have him now and he looks like he's going to struggle to make any impact at all.

I I've heard it all before with Graham and Tade.

Getting your knickers in a twist over a players performance after two pre season games is a bit premature.

Wighton clearly has talent and what I'm willing to bet on is a very bright future.

For me he has looked at his most dangerous with the ball played into his feet. The key will be for McKinnon to strike the right partnership.

I'm sure it won't be long before we see what he has to offer.

Still, didn't take too long for the miserable c***s on here to get back into full swing.

Edited by mojito

I, for one, am glad the time honoured complaints about the fans are in full swing already.

Maybe we'll be shite, maybe we'll be pretty decent. What is for sure is that our pre-season results are not an indicator of how it'll turn out. That doesn't mean that aren't legitimate worries about the team as it is now.

What we do have to accept is that we are very unlikely to get instant results. We have more or less a new team and we've a new manager who has pretty different ideas.

Article in the Courier today suggesting Wighton is unlikely to play again before the Cowdenbeath match at least.

Did it say when Stewart would be back?

Like most, i'm hoping the Stewart/Vaughan partnership can be a success for us this season. Especially with a new and improved midfield making chances for them.

Stewart is apparently of the opinion he will be fit to take part on Wed. What the physio thinks may be another matter. I'm thinking that Wighton will feature again before the serious stuff starts.

I'm thinking of heading along to the East Fife game. What's it like there? Is it worse than Central Park?

Typical identikit, one stand stadium. Elevation above the pitch is about the same as central and you don't have that fucking fence in your way, while the absence of a racing track means your much closer to the pitch.