The New Raith Rovers Thread

Cardle will tear it up in that league. He's a limited player, but he plays best when he's full of confidence, and he'll have that in spades next season, with the knowledge he's almost certainly the best player in the league, with the fans' full support. I'll be amazed if he doesn't reach double figures for goals and assists.

Obviously he's not going to come cheap, but if you take the Dunfermline board at face value, they're putting a lot of effort into their budgeting post-Masterton. I'd imagine even the most died in the wool Par has to raise their eyebrows a little when they're talking about making signings like Cardle and Davidson in League One. I understand they've had pretty strong season ticket sales, but that'll only stretch so far. Last season saw a 'budgeted loss' - are the club's reserves able to withstand another one? I'd be interested to know what the contingency plan is if they don't win promotion.

That said, if they don't win the league at a canter, I'd be astounded. It's a risky game to play, though. A couple of bad injuries and you've got a millstone instead of a game changer. Sincerely hope that doesn't happen though, all the Pars fans I know are decent guys.

Surely Cardle and Davo aren't that pricey? Dunfermline in League One surely would be able to match the part time teams in the First Division and keep within budgetary constraints. Unless either player is planning to move down south, they really haven't got many options that would lead you to think that they are being offered that much.

Anyone any idea who the trialist is?

Anderson the only player over 24 I think. Probably a beatable side for East Fife.

Five products of our youth academy start too. Friendly or not that has to be some form of record for a senior team match.

Edited by Paco

Anyone any idea who the trialist is?

Anderson the only player over 24 I think. Probably a beatable side for East Fife.

Five products of our youth academy start too. Friendly or not that has to be some form of record for a senior team match.

heard it's lee miller but I'm not there to confirm

Anyone any idea who the trialist is?Anderson the only player over 24 I think. Probably a beatable side for East Fife.Five products of our youth academy start too. Friendly or not that has to be some form of record for a senior team match.

Euan Smith?