The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 Injury time goals made it all the sweeter. Considering we had Fash, Campbell and Walker out, a striker at centre half and a stand in left back we did okay! You guys don't even look close to scoring goals and with performances like that your gonna be up against it this season. See you guys next season.

The big Ginger CB That Smith outmuscled the whole game, was in fact our 5th choice Cb.

The shorter of the two CM's was also probably our fifth choice CM if not at least fourth.

One of the strikers, our no.9 wasn't a striker but our other 2 strikers are injured.

The boy wearing no.10 on the wing wasn't even our player, he was a trialist that will never feature again for us.

The keeper, although he had a decent game, was our third choice keeper, not vocal at all.

In fact, we only had four first team players playing in their favoured position yesterday.

Even if we were relegated, which I can't see happening, we still wont see you next year unless its in a cup game.

All will be forgot when we pump Celtic XI on Tuesday night.

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

The big Ginger CB That Smith outmuscled the whole game, was in fact our 5th choice Cb.

The shorter of the two CM's was also probably our fifth choice CM if not at least fourth.

One of the strikers, our no.9 wasn't a striker but our other 2 strikers are injured.

The boy wearing no.10 on the wing wasn't even our player, he was a trialist that will never feature again for us.

The keeper, although he had a decent game, was our third choice keeper, not vocal at all.

In fact, we only had four first team players playing in their favoured position yesterday.

Even if we were relegated, which I can't see happening, we still wont see you next year unless its in a cup game.

All will be forgot when we pump Celtic XI on Tuesday night.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Foaming at the mouth :P

Surely not winning any of your friendlies must be worrying?

Our last friendly win was against Stenhousemuir in 2010. Since then, we've challenged for the First Division title, reached the quarter-finals of the Scottish Cup a few times, won the Challenge Cup and beat Rangers at Ibrox for the first time in decades.

So no, I'm not that worried about half a team losing to East Fife in a kick about.

Sounds like wild celebrations in the home end judging by the highlights. That was a huge game for East Fife.

PS woman tannoy announcers?!?!? No, just no.

PPS if she chose that song when the teams came out then she needs shot.

We haven't won a friendly in five years..

Is that correct? The last two friendlies I took in were our defeats to Norwich (0-1) and Sheffield United (1-2), so I'm not really an aficionado of friendlies.

In saying that, for a meaningless friendly, I'm told your lot were between 4-500. Impressive.

We were lucky if we had 200 in the home end.

Football in this country is dying on it's arse and we deserve to be where we are but I'll take the win.

What used to be Fifes biggest derby is a mere distant memory, so hope you hams get relegated twice and we can start again 8)

In saying that, for a meaningless friendly, I'm told your lot were between 4-500. Impressive.

We were lucky if we had 200 in the home end.

Football in this country is dying on it's arse and we deserve to be where we are but I'll take the win.

What used to be Fifes biggest derby is a mere distant memory, so hope you hams get relegated twice and we can start again 8)

Could you lads not get promoted twice? No laughing now!

Once might be enough, if we've given up on scoring goals.

Calum Elliot has retired apparently.

I seen him hobbling down Morningside Road in Edinburgh this week. His leg is in a brace and he's on crutches. I was running late for work so I didn't get a chance to ask him how he was doing. Damn shame if he really has retired. I'd be gutted if I had to retire my job mid-twenties because of injury.

Feel for the guy.

Feel McKinnon was unfair just to single out Vaughan. I thought Laidlaw looked good yesterday too. I still see him as having the potential to do well in the future. I was gutted for him that he lost his clean sheet with minutes to go.

Not too bothered about our friendly performances and results. Looking forward to Saturday now. Most likely won't be there to watch Celtic under 20s on Tuesday.

Hopefully that's the last we see of 'A Trialist'. Absolutely terrible. Genuinely didn't look like he could run.