The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anderson the only player over 24 I think. Probably a beatable side for East Fife.

Not a huge surprise given the team put on the park. No denying its not been a very good pre-season though.

Still, was it not the year we challenge for the First division we had a disaster of a pre-season drawing/losing to Forfar and Arbroath away? Started the season like a train that year.

Can we actually start getting worried now? Regardless of that 11 plus bench today we should have turned a division 2 side like them over. Kevin smith ran us ragged. Surely Mckinnon can see we need a striker. I know pre season games don't mean much but that's 8 goals conceded and 1 scored. That truly was rank rotten today.

I can't see us beating Cowdenbeath next week.

What positives can we take from these friendlies?

1. They are over

2. I couldn't go to any

3. Fitness

4. They count for absolutely nothing

5. The defeats give the moaners and doom merchants in our support something to play with and keep them occupied

Next Saturday is when to start judging the team

Edited by roverthemoon

Why don't you organise a demo post match to complain like the one they planned last year against Dumbarton.

Good idea. We usually get humped by Livi, so this demo would have a good chance of happening.

I'm going to paint a banner letting the club know that we should sign McCoist as Player/Manager.

Why don't you organise a demo post match to complain like the one they planned last year against Dumbarton.

It's McKinnon's first competitive game. That would be ridiculous.

I'm happy to give him the two cup matches and the first league game.

Smith had Bates on toast the whole game just shows how inexperienced the young lad was. Petrie is no left back either very poor today. Apart from Callaghan/ Vaughan the rest were awful to be honest does bother me we have no one up front really. But the end of the day in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter a jot the result next Saturday is when it starts.

McKinnon changed the whole team today interms of personnel and formation for a reason to see if it worked and to have a look at other players who haven't been involved incidentally Laidlaw had a better game than McGurn did on Wednesday but the fans won't be begging for Laidlaw to get ahead of McGurn for the No 1 jersey will they.

1. They are over

2. I couldn't go to any

3. Fitness

4. They count for absolutely nothing

5. The defeats give the moaners and doom merchants in our support something to play with and keep them occupied

Next Saturday is when to start judging the team

Let's put this to bed right away, I'm not moaning.

What positives can we take from these friendlies?

We played some decent football at times, benedictus and Toshney look like a decent partnership. Craigen looks good. Against that we look light up front and Stewart has only played one out of four friendlies.

We played some decent football at times, benedictus and Toshney look like a decent partnership. Craigen looks good. Against that we look light up front and Stewart has only played one out of four friendlies.

Like I said I'm not moaning, we seriously lack fire power, so I hope the space for one more player is a striker.

Giving a new manager three games to prove himself. Modern football fans are frankly ridiculous Edited by roverthemoon

Martin Nelson, on 18 Jul 2015 - 17:32, said:

:lol: