The New Raith Rovers Thread

Take your pick time:

Beating them to the title after their ridiculous celebrations with 9 games to go.

Above game with ridiculous wondersaves

Casa's 90th minute volley to turn around the whole season.

Happy days!

Casa's equaliser was a proper head loss.

One of my favourite ever moments supporting the Rovers.

Casa's equaliser was a proper head loss.

One of my favourite ever moments supporting the Rovers.

Absolutely. I went from row RR when the ball went in, right down to the steps going onto the concourse. There's something brilliant about when a goal like that goes in. If you could buy it from the shops, I'd have no money left.

Very glad to hear about Wighton. Just out of interest, I know he had a bit of a hard time when he arrived at Raith and didn't impress much but how has he developed over his spell so far?

Daly is a very good player for him to work with I'd imagine so would be very happy for him to stay there and keep working away.

Very glad to hear about Wighton. Just out of interest, I know he had a bit of a hard time when he arrived at Raith and didn't impress much but how has he developed over his spell so far?

Daly is a very good player for him to work with I'd imagine so would be very happy for him to stay there and keep working away.

There was some very big talk flying about before he arrived and it was impossible to live up to. I think folk have started to see what he offers, but some minds were already set against him. You know it is, folk want absolutes - you're pish or brilliant and that's it (even if you're 18). I hope he'll be staying on.

He has terrific feet and I can see the potential but he hasn't really made a massive impact any time iv seen him. Working with daly has seemed to improve his game so I'd be happy if he was here for the season. He did to well to open the goal up to himself leaving it 1v1 on Saturday and was only thwarted by an excellent tackle from lewis

He's been great off the bench, sometimes a bit anonymous from the start - probably reflective of the amount of first team football he's had, in fairness.

Game time turned Lewis Vaughan from bench warmer into one of the best players in the league, I've no doubt it could do the same for Wighton.

He is a handy player to have on the bench but has done next to nothing any time he has started a game and seems to have no idea where the goal is. He's nowhere near being a regular premier league player and I wouldn't be shocked if Hartley decided to send him to a league 1 side for the second half of the season.

It's good to hear he's not badly injured though.

Its weird how it hasnt worked out. Any time he has been in our side he hasn't looked out of place in both the championship and the premier league. We were 1-0 down to thistle in the league at half time, we brought him on and he literally turned the game on its head and ripped them for the second half and scored the equaliser.

"Not worked out" is really harsh., wrong even. He's a cracking asset to have in our squad.

Wouldn't use the term "cracking asset" to describe him. I would rather have Vaughan over Wighton any day of the week. My first choice partnership up front at the minute would be Daly and Stewart. I'd also be inclined to use Megginson up front before Wighton as well. However, I'd still be happy to see his stay extended until May.. He could come in handy at ibrox and Easter Road, with the bigger pitch..

He was brilliant at Parkhead with the space he was allowed to use.

Elgin away in the Scottish, I have been wanting this fixture for so long due to it being one of the few left I have to tick off the list, unfortunately I am getting my house keys on the Friday and go to New York on the Monday so I'm not sure how it would go down if I went on an all day right in the middle of it. Bad timing.

Elgin away in the Scottish, I have been wanting this fixture for so long due to it being one of the few left I have to tick off the list, unfortunately I am getting my house keys on the Friday and go to New York on the Monday so I'm not sure how it would go down if I went on an all day right in the middle of it. Bad timing.

Elgin away waits for no man

Regarding Wighton, you have to take into account that many players will put in that extra couple of percent when playing for their actual club. We have seen plenty guys over the years come in on loan and not looked all that great until they are away again. McKay last season a prime example.

Let us know how it does go down.