The New Raith Rovers Thread

Seriously, I'd go for some sort of Athletico Madrid type away strip.

But orange and yellow would be a change.

It should be something bright coloured anyway.

Where can you vote?

I also went for a change but doubt mines will get many votes..

We're pretty much the mini Jambos anyway. So MAROON wouldn't go a miss and the second colour just because it would probably be the weirdest combination going.. SKY BLUE

Really??

We had more of the ball than Falkirk, played slightly the better football and had more chances. One of those days, get over it.

People like you are absolutely itching for any dip in form so you can inform us "oh, here we go again" and making bold predictions for our seasonal affairs...in November.

also went for a change but doubt mines will get many votes..

We're pretty much the mini Jambos anyway. So MAROON wouldn't go a miss and the second colour just because it would probably be the weirdest combination going.. SKY BLUE

I would say we're more like a mini Dundee now. And maroon stinks.

Really??

We had more of the ball than Falkirk, played slightly the better football and had more chances. One of those days, get over it.

People like you are absolutely itching for any dip in form so you can inform us "oh, here we go again" and making bold predictions for our seasonal affairs...in November.

The flip side of that is people who seem oblivious to fundamental issues with the team and squad.

The lack of strength in depth in forward positions, was clear to see at the outset of the season. Then Vaughan was injured and you had to worry where the goals would come from. Thankfully the defenders have chipped in, but we were still only winning games by the odd goal and had resorted to long ball stuff, despite what Ray says.

Now we are losing games again, so people can see that it looks like we'll be sliding down the table to our customary 6th or 7th place. Some people comment on this. It's not the end of the world. Other people will rightly comment that, Livi game aside, it's just a one goal reversal in tight games against 2nd and 3rd placed teams and that we have a good chance of reaching the play-offs.

Personally, I feel those teams are better than us and that QoS have better players, mainly in forward positions. That probably puts us in 5th place at best come the end of season. It wouldn't surprise me if it was 6th place again. The league is arguably stronger this season than last. My big hope was that Vaughan and Stewart could continue their free-scoring partnership from last season, but that's out the window. Without that I suspected we'd be in the usual 6th or 7th, so that start to the season we've made has been an unexpected bonus.

The games up to Christmas will give a good indication which viewpoint is correct.

Edited by Scary Bear

Really??

Fair enough. I can only remember us putting together one good move in the entire match and even then the final ball had no takers.

I look at our fixtures between now and the end of the year and the only game where I feel confident of a win is the game at home to Alloa on boxing day. I'm getting the same gut feeling with McKinnon that I had with Murray. He seems to think that performance yesterday was some sort of benchmark for the rest of the season but I don't accept that.

3 defeats and its meltdown, we should have got a point against Hibs , likewise yesterday against Falkirk, only poor game has been against Livi and we still could have been leading at half-time in that game. I'm not concerned what so ever, I remember the pre season games especially after east Fife when some numpties wanted Murray back, Funny thing is half the people on here are always negative no matter the results we achieve.

I'm definitely behind McKinnon a breath of fresh air long may it continue