The New Raith Rovers Thread

I thought people were over-reacting a bit to our good run - well as we played to dig out results there were a number of games in which we got the breaks and might easily not have done, on a different day. It was inevitable that those days would come and we'd have a run of games where things didn't go our way. There's no need to over-react to that, either. It's still a decent enough side, we'll be well clear of the relegation scrap and may be in with a chance of play-offs. Let's just let it run and see where it gets us.

The overreaction is ridiculous. We should have got a point against Hibs and would have but for one of the worst refereeing performances you'll see all season. The same Hibs side who have gone 13 unbeaten and into the semi final of the league cup. We should have got a result yesterday but didn't take our chances. It's hardly crisis time.

It really is no wonder people don't come back with the negativity. How you can possibly compare what we're watching just now to what Murray served us up for the past 3 years is beyond me.

I just hope Ray and none of the players read some of the comments on here.

Thankfully, I can confirm that Ray is far too focused on the job in hand to read some of this pish, and for that matter the pish on Fantalk. Just as well ...

Some of you guys need to get a grip. There's some great teamwork at the club these days. Not just the coaching staff and team, but all the ground and office staff behind the scenes who yesterday managed to get that match on despite a lunchtime downpour. Indeed we had several of our young pros forking the pitch to help get it playable.

How's about some real SUPPORT ?!!

The overreaction is ridiculous. We should have got a point against Hibs and would have but for one of the worst refereeing performances you'll see all season. The same Hibs side who have gone 13 unbeaten and into the semi final of the league cup. We should have got a result yesterday but didn't take our chances. It's hardly crisis time.

It really is no wonder people don't come back with the negativity. How you can possibly compare what we're watching just now to what Murray served us up for the past 3 years is beyond me.

Absolutely

even though we are short of quality up front, we still create far more opportunities than Murrays' teams ever did. I still can't however, see the benefit Scott Robertson is bringing to the team thus far and feel now - as I did when we signed him - that a striker would have helped us more

Do you seriously think people choose not to go to a football match based on a few moans and groans on an internet forum?

I'm also sure the players and management will have heard worse on a Saturday.

I also struggle to understand the way people are trotting out the "didn't take our chances" line as if it's bad luck. We don't take our chances because the players aren't good enough. Stewart is not much better than a headless chicken most of the time, Daly has been a complete waste of a wage and Wighton is probably the most overrated player I've ever seen. McKinnon signed up all these guys and they've contributed about half a dozen goals between them. It's nowhere near good enough. Apart from probably Alloa I doubt any side has a worse forward line than us.

Do you seriously think people choose not to go to a football match based on a few moans and groans on an internet forum?

I'm also sure the players and management will have heard worse on a Saturday.

I also struggle to understand the way people are trotting out the "didn't take our chances" line as if it's bad luck. We don't take our chances because the players aren't good enough. Stewart is not much better than a headless chicken most of the time, Daly has been a complete waste of a wage and Wighton is probably the most overrated player I've ever seen. McKinnon signed up all these guys and they've contributed about half a dozen goals between them. It's nowhere near good enough. Apart from probably Alloa I doubt any side has a worse forward line than us.

Honestly you're getting ridiculous now. What are your actually expecting this season? We're 4th in the league with a have in hand over 5th and 6th and only the 2 big guns plus Falkirk above us. If we were sitting on 10 points and won 2 games all season then fair enough but we're in a far better position than we am thought we'd be.

Robertson isn't fit thats the problem. Hes showed in spells what he has to offer. A striker may have helped us more but who was/is available?

Exactly. I'm sure if a 15-20 goal a season striker suddenly appeared we wouldn't be the only team after them. Any striker we bring in is always going to be a gamble and I have no doubt whoever we get in January to replace Daly will be exactly the same. Edited by Ding Dang Doo

Great night at the hall of fame. We'll done to all the inductees and the guys that help pull it all together.

Some brilliant anecdotes from the ex players and speakers. I'm still laughing at some of Arry's anecdotes.

Brilliant night.