The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sinky would be the 100-1 outsider. No managerial experience worth talking about, loose cannon with a microphone. However, he is undoubtedly a club legend. Why not! Give the man his chance. At least his post match interviews would be interesting.

'get intae thae townie b*****ds' and repeat.

On the rage-o-meter, I imagine Danny Lennon is absolutely seething that the Raith job is now available. I tipped him for the position when he was being touted for the Ayr job earlier this season. He's now very likely to have a relegation on his CV however little he's contributed to it. Very strange move for a guy who's stock was still relatively high.

I don't want anyone mentioned here already. There must be loads of managers in England with a decent cv. St Johnstone seem to regularly find decent managers.

On the wages we'd offer?

Thanks for the good memories boss.

One of my favourite ever days following the Rovers. Part of me is definitely a bit sad Murray has left, although I imagine it's just that a decent bloke has lost his livelihood that's nagging at me.

A surprising decision but not one I think Murray can have many complaints with. He's taken us absolutely nowhere in three years, and it just isn't enough to say "well we haven't been relegated". Even this season, with the points tally we have, we should've been in the thick of it, He did secure a terrific cup win for which he will always be remembered, but after three years of doing nothing change was the best option.

I'm speculating but with just one game to go, surely him leaving now points to a falling out? Perhaps over the McGurn issue, but perhaps simply over an absolutely disgusting performance on Saturday. Meaningless or not. I remember Craig Levein getting punted from Scotland after a friendly defeat by Wales - similar situation. Whether it means a lot or not, it just seemed to be the final straw. Or perhaps they've truly shat themselves over season ticket sales?

Whether a new manager takes us forward or back, this is the right decision from the board, and a brave one too so credit where it's due.

Laurie Ellis has a playing contract so makes sense for him to stay another game... and besides, if he didn't do it, genuinely who would take the team? Wayne Henderson? Brian Marr? David McGurn? Jason Thomson? Points to Laurie doing what's best fir the club and sorting his own future out after the game.

Interesting time of year to sack the manager, with renewals and new players needing to be sorted. Hopefully a resolution within the next three weeks so we don't lose the few players we really need to keep.

A surprising decision but not one I think Murray can have many complaints with. He's taken us absolutely nowhere in three years, and it just isn't enough to say "well we haven't been relegated". Even this season, with the points tally we have, we should've been in the thick of it, He did secure a terrific cup win for which he will always be remembered, but after three years of doing nothing change was the best option.

I'm speculating but with just one game to go, surely him leaving now points to a falling out? Perhaps over the McGurn issue, but perhaps simply over an absolutely disgusting performance on Saturday. Meaningless or not. I remember Craig Levein getting punted from Scotland after a friendly defeat by Wales - similar situation. Whether it means a lot or not, it just seemed to be the final straw. Or perhaps they've truly shat themselves over season ticket sales?

Whether a new manager takes us forward or back, this is the right decision from the board, and a brave one too so credit where it's due.

Laurie Ellis has a playing contract so makes sense for him to stay another game... and besides, if he didn't do it, genuinely who would take the team? Wayne Henderson? Brian Marr? David McGurn? Jason Thomson? Points to Laurie doing what's best fir the club and sorting his own future out after the game.

Interesting time of year to sack the manager, with renewals and new players needing to be sorted. Hopefully a resolution within the next three weeks so we don't lose the few players we really need to keep.

That was a world cup qualifier against Wales

It could be that the board has decided that Ellis will be staying because they can't afford to sack both of them.

Sad for Grant Murray, and sad that it couldn't work out with a good guy with some good years with the club under his belt. There will always be Easter Road, Easter Road, Ibrox, East End (that goal!) and other good ones. I really hope that over time we'll feel less of the current frustration and give him warm applause when he eventually comes back. Good luck Bert.

Feeling pretty gutted for Murray now that it's happened. From the outside looking it looks like a bizarre decision but he's lost the crowd and there was no sign of him getting it back. Next season would have been a shitfest from the off with most of the crowd willing him to fail. At least now we get the chance of a fresh start.

Hopefully everyone who was moaning about Murray and threatening not to renew their season tickets or to stay away will get their arse down to Stark's Park and invest their money in a season ticket to back the club and new manager with money to build a decent squad. There's no excuse not to now as the board has done what you wanted. And when the season starts hopefully the home crowd will try getting behind the team rather than berating folk for mistakes.

Can't say I'm that inspired by the list of usual names being punted about. Mostly has beens or unproven.

Malpas will surely handle any player contracts now that Murray has gone.

It'd be nice to see the club thinking outside of the box for our next appointment. Get some foreign guy in, enticed by the notion that if he makes a good impression here, he can work himself sideyways towards ridiculous wages at The Rangers.

On the plus side for Murray this might not be a bad thing. His CV looks good. He was maybe too close to the club and players. Hopefully this will make him a better manager with a career elsewhere.

At our club it wasn't working. We had stagnated.

He won't be the first manager sacked by a wee club that goes on to better things. The merry go round will be in motion soon enough.