The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was expecting a match commentary seeing I couldnt manage down. Other teams' websites and updates are much better than ours - I've seen our updates half an hour behind the action. Pretty poor. Still, it hasnt diminshed that winning feeling!

Contact Jim Foy and see if there is something you can do to help him?

People will moan and moan but they'll never do f**k all to rectify the situation that they're moaning about.

We are completely spoiled when it comes to alternative media with the Rovers. People need to realise this.

And who the f*** are you likes, you were expecting a match commentary!!!!! The site is run by volunteers, who provide a wonderful service for no reward. If you had been uptodate as per information on the site you would have known that there was not going to be any updates today -- because no one volunteered to do it!!!!You should be thankful for the free service that they provide. If other teams websites are so much better then go support them!!

If you were that a good fan then you would have been at the game anyway. people like you who just moan about everything really p*** me off and have no appreciation for all the work that goes on behind the scenes. Get a life!!!

Rant over.

So anyone who wasnt at Dumfries today isnt a good fan? mad.gif

And its unreasonable to expect a club in the First Division to say something about a match on their website?rolleyes.gif

Youre well named dry.gif

Edited by bring_back_the_twa_hoops

So anyone who wasnt at Dumfries today isnt a good fan? mad.gif

And its unreasonable to expect a club in the First Division to say something about a match on their website?rolleyes.gif

Youre well named dry.gif

You're being unreasonable and I don't think you realise it.

I think if you wrote all the match reports or wrote up the match updates for a whole season you would soon understand how unreasonable you have just been.

Edited by St. Starko

Get the f**k out. Have you any idea of how much time and effort goes into the Raith website by Jim Foy? He goes to the game, gets the media images for the website, then will have to come home, recieve a write up of the game from someone, upload said photos, get the website update. While we'd all love for the website to be a hive of activity straight after the games you have to accept that at a club as small as ours, time and effort needs to be taken for a professional look. Have you seen some of the other websites that some teams have? Ayr united only updated theirs recently, they have to pay for online highlights, get photos on a separate site. Prior to the updates they;d only informed fans Alex Williams had left the club.

Hello, I used to be Sweaty Bill, but I died in a mysterious boating / wall papering accident. I would now appear to be some kind of spectre, hence the name: Ghost Face. I will be here all season, maybe longer, who know's? Not much has changed since I last visited, The Rovers are still top of the league, Morton are still shite and VT'S still a virgin / p***k / uphill gardner.

I'm off to bother some pensioners.

Ghost Face.

as someone who lives 400 miles away and only makes a couple of games a year i would like to say that the rovers official site is a god send and has been for a few years now. the reports photos and highlights are excellent and greatly appreciated. the fact you have to wait a wee while for everything to appear isn't here nor there. they are obviously a dedicated bunch of fans that give up a lot of time to update the site and it shows with the quality and quantity of content.

Just thought I'd add this as I can't believe no one has pointed it out yet on here (although to be fair I can't be bothered to look on Fan Talk to see if anyone has brought it up).

Marvin Andrews signed for Wrexham yesterday, a team who play in the Blue Square Premier League. It should be interesting to see how he gets on there. Wrexham played today but Andrews doesn't appear to have been in the squad.

Link.

Edited by St. Starko

Just thought I'd add this as I can't believe no one has pointed it out yet on here (although to be fair I can't be bothered to look on Fan Talk to see if anyone has brought it up).

Marvin Andrews signed for Wrexham yesterday, a team who play in the Blue Square Premier League. It should be interesting to see how he gets on there. Wrexham played today but Andrews doesn't appear to have been in the squad.

Link.

I actually read about that last night then saw Marv outside Tony's down the high street in Kirkcaldy last night. :lol: Odd coincidence.

Link.

Signed on Thursday. It was on the Queens player movements thread then (I posted it). They are waiting for international clearance before he can play though apparently.

I actually read about that last night then saw Marv outside Tony's down the high street in Kirkcaldy last night. :lol: Odd coincidence.

Signed on Thursday. It was on the Queens player movements thread then (I posted it). They are waiting for international clearance before he can play though apparently.

Ahhhh, it all makes sense now. :)

Its a disgrace that the club website can't even post comment on the game 3 hours after it finished.

f**k off.

And Sweaty Bill - welcome back, but no need for the homophobic abuse, ta.

Get the f**k out. Have you any idea of how much time and effort goes into the Raith website by Jim Foy? He goes to the game, gets the media images for the website, then will have to come home, recieve a write up of the game from someone, upload said photos, get the website update. While we'd all love for the website to be a hive of activity straight after the games you have to accept that at a club as small as ours, time and effort needs to be taken for a professional look. Have you seen some of the other websites that some teams have? Ayr united only updated theirs recently, they have to pay for online highlights, get photos on a separate site. Prior to the updates they;d only informed fans Alex Williams had left the club.

Totally agree with RW89.

These posts show a complete lack of respect for the likes of JIm Foy and the rest of the volunteers. :angry:

But hey, there's always armchair heroes who don't go to the matches who can still tell others how it should be done,amazing innit? :D

....or... he could have been on the bevvy when he wrote that rubbish!!

Totally agree with RW89.

These posts show a complete lack of respect for the likes of JIm Foy and the rest of the volunteers. mad.gif

But hey, there's always armchair heroes who don't go to the matches who can still tell others how it should be done,amazing innit? biggrin.gif

....or... he could have been on the bevvy when he wrote that rubbish!!

What's this ? wee sandy posting about the team he claims to support ? and not US ? surley NOT eh ?

What's this ? wee sandy posting about the team he claims to support ? and not US ? surley NOT eh ?

East Fife :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tazz yer borin' son, away back to the SECOND Division forum and yer sepia photies o' yer cup wins in 1922, or when ever it was. ;)

Radio Scotland (MW) starting just now - Beyond the SPL - is apprently to feature interviews with both John McGlynn and Mark Campbell.

Thanks for that, a right good programme. However, did I just miss it, or was nothing said about Pie and Bovril after it being spoken about right at the start of the show?