The New Raith Rovers Thread

He played left back in 1 game last season near the end (Queen of the South at home if I remember right)

Looked very composed on the ball, and wasn't afraid to get forward. He also go stuck in. The game was meaningless mind you, but he coped very well. However if the guy in question said he would be key for Scotland in the next 10 years, why did John McGlynn wait over a year to sign Willie Dyer on a free from Brechin? :lol:

The latter part indicates, JMcG still thinks he isin't ready just yet for the full team.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens over the course of the season, and he might be unearthed at some point in the season. Either that or a team comes in for him with some money.

ok mate thanks for the reply.

The way the guy was talking about him suggested that the boy is only 16 or 17 which would explain why he isn't in the first team plans as much this season, maybe he isn't 'grown up' enough to start games.

The guy seemed quite adamant that this player is a diamond in the rough though, i don't even think the lad has played for scotland at any sort of level.

i'll keep an eye out for him this year.

Anyway, here's a question for everyone. I just had a quick look to check what the date was last season when we had a player reach the giddy total of three league goals. Any guesses?

December 07?

September 07

Yeah it was ment to be December 7th but I now see I worded that terribly.

:lol:

Bollocks!

We had Smith after 2007 so surely he would have had more than three in 2009

You said you meant December 07 as in 7th of December? Why would you then say the same date in September? A bit confusing given that we didn't play a game on either of these dates.

You said you meant December 07 as in 7th of December? Why would you then say the same date in September? A bit confusing given that we didn't play a game on either of these dates.

I was a guess I actually thought I got the date right because he said months out. I didn't check to see when we played before I guessed.

Anybody bought the new Rovers top yet and had any sizing issues?

Bought mine today and found that while I was a small last year this year a small appears to have been made for the average 10 year old.

I have had to go up a size to medium, despite it being same manufacturer (Puma.)

No I havent turned into a fat bassa overnight before anyone suggests it :P as my top from last season still fits fine.

Talking about the strips I just found something very interesting on our page on the SFL page.

Edited to add, the link didnt work for some reason, so if you go on to the SFL website, then find Rovers after going into clubs and then First Division,

If you scroll down, you'll find a 3rd kit resembling our famous "Barca" effort from 1994/95!!

It looks ace, I wonder if the club are going to allow it for public sale? I know I'd buy one! :D

Edited by Wardy

Talking about the strips I just found something very interesting on our page on the SFL page.

Edited to add, the link didnt work for some reason, so if you go on to the SFL website, then find Rovers after going into clubs and then First Division,

If you scroll down, you'll find a 3rd kit resembling our famous "Barca" effort from 1994/95!!

It looks ace, I wonder if the club are going to allow it for public sale? I know I'd buy one! :D

Nice spot! That looks brilliant :D

That's a good spot there. It looks a bit rank on that website, but maybe if it is released it will look better.

Its a disgrace that the club website can't even post comment on the game 3 hours after it finished.

They might not even be home yet, to be fair. There were roadworks on the motorway so we came back via Biggar, Penicuik etc. Plus they need their tea, get a wee bit typed up about the match, maybe a photo or two... give them a chance!

As for the third kit, I think it'll look quite nice, but to be honest I'm not sure we'll ever wear it. Maybe only away at the Pars?

They might not even be home yet, to be fair. There were roadworks on the motorway so we came back via Biggar, Penicuik etc. Plus they need their tea, get a wee bit typed up about the match, maybe a photo or two... give them a chance!

I was expecting a match commentary seeing I couldnt manage down. Other teams' websites and updates are much better than ours - I've seen our updates half an hour behind the action. Pretty poor. Still, it hasnt diminshed that winning feeling!

I was expecting a match commentary seeing I couldnt manage down. Other teams' websites and updates are much better than ours - I've seen our updates half an hour behind the action. Pretty poor. Still, it hasnt diminshed that winning feeling!

Like Paco said, give them a chance to get home and have their tea. I love our website, and i for one will wait to be cheered up even more when i read about our great win.wink.gif

And who the f*** are you likes, you were expecting a match commentary!!!!! The site is run by volunteers, who provide a wonderful service for no reward. If you had been uptodate as per information on the site you would have known that there was not going to be any updates today -- because no one volunteered to do it!!!!You should be thankful for the free service that they provide. If other teams websites are so much better then go support them!!

If you were that a good fan then you would have been at the game anyway. people like you who just moan about everything really p*** me off and have no appreciation for all the work that goes on behind the scenes. Get a life!!!

Rant over.