The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd opt to let them both go and go for a defence of Bene, Tosh and Bates in reserve, if we pitch up short there's Thomson or the youngster McKay coming through. Use the saving in wages to bring in the quality to midfield and forwards we are missing.

There's a young Hibs kid who is getting rave revues called Scott Martin who could be a useful loanee and if we could sign Conolly and another midfielder we'd be quite solid in the middle.

Barr is a decent player but he's no God and I doubt the board would be happy taking a punt on him again.

Davo has been a good servant but I'd like to see better quality coming in there too.

I would like to think our scouting is a bit better than sending a random player out to watch the opposition. Maybe Craigen is joining Morton in the summer.

I think it's a case of, it was the only game in the country tonight. 2 mates fancied to go to a game of football where the chorus of boos throughout weren't aimed at them..

Jason Thomson's agreed to sign a new deal as well as another player agreed to sign a pre-contract agreement for next season as well, who McKinnon is really excited about according to the pre-match interview on the OS

Excellent news about Thomson.

McKinnon's signings have been at best hit and miss this season so I won't get too carried away about this potential pre-contract signing just yet.

Maybe, but I'll cling on to the hope that Craigen has signed for Morton :)

I wonder at times what people watch/see players do. Up until Connelly signed Craigen was our most creative midfielder. I for 1, would like to see him at San Starko next season again.

Ah f**k forgot about Robertson. Again though, on paper a good signing who has let us down.

Mccord I genuinely dont mind. Far from our worst midfielder and he has a cracking set piece. Genuinely dont get the hate for him. I'd have him ahead of Callachan, Robertson, Roberts any day.

Petrie - havent seen enough of him at all. Cant judge.

Megginson wasn't a McKinnon signing though was he? Petrie and McCord were gambles and McCord is he best of those being mentioned as failures (Craigen blows hot and cold but only the truly deluded would say he is a failure as a signing). Daly and Wighton didn't produce the goods but by far the biggest disappointment is Robertson who has the class but hasn't showed it for us.

Hopefully the pre contract signing will be a striker (why am I thinking it's Sutton?), having got Thomson (hopefully) we can resign McKeown (didn't think I'd be saying that last season!) and persuade Conolly to stay too. Imo that along with the 3 central defenders and Cal and Matthews in midfield Would be the makings of a fairly decent team.