The New Raith Rovers Thread

Had a look at McBookies List, and shuddered!

Stu McCall, Russell Latapy  and Billy Reid, best of the bunch

I'm pretty sure the mcBookies list is compiled from trawling through this thread tbh.

I'm pretty sure the mcBookies list is compiled from trawling through this thread tbh.

Probably right!!

I don't think there is any real substance to the list,guesswork mainly.

I think we may be surprised at the response/quality of interested parties for the job,

Was at 3 of the 4 Pars game against Albion Rovers and i'd probably say it is a bit early for Darren Young to move up, although you could do worse with some of the names out there.

Genuinely hope you lot avoid one of the old cloggers that seem to move from club to club. Fife Derbies are always better when they are competitive (although with us obviously edging it ;)  )

If Ellis had gone you'd have thought it would be on the official site. The Record says he's gone, along with Johnston but the Mail says it's unclear. 

Could be he's waiting to see if he gets the job before committing himself. 

Last thing Laurie wants is to just be hanging around waiting to assist another new manager.

Would be a good move for him and maybe one day he'll be back as manager - having went down the internal promotion route so recently now isn't the time to try it again.

Think yourselves fortunate, that through our employment of Ian Murray for six horrible months or so, your board will have ruled him out straight away.

Edited by FTOF

If Ellis had gone you'd have thought it would be on the official site. The Record says he's gone, along with Johnston but the Mail says it's unclear. 

Laurie is possibly on gardening leave until his contract expires, which wouldn't mean he has officially left.

Surely there must be a decent manager outwith Scotland. I would be on the phone to St Johnstone for their little black book. Can't mind the last bad manager they had and none of them were from the usual list of suspects.

Edited by graeme_p