The New Raith Rovers Thread

I thought Ando did well last season especially when we are holding onto a winning position as a player who got the ball back up the pitch and took the pressure off the team and I reckon he will be missed. Let's hope he plays regularly for queens as he has been an exemplary pro at his time at the club

As fans, we are all absolutely gutted that he's away and the way the club went about it with him was disgusting. Glad he's got another club at this level. Always gave 100% for the club.

But thinking as if I was a businessman, he'd be a waste of money. You'd be disappointed in the quality you get for the money you put in.

He's quick, has brilliant aerial ability and always gives 100%, His final ball however is absolutely horrendous for a winger. He's a step down on Russell, I would say. Hope he does well for Queens though.

Absolute stick-on to score a goal or 3 against us next year.

Really don't understand the comments about how Anderson has been "treated" by the club.

He was told he may be offered a deal but should consider other offers if they're on the table.

If anything it was good of the club to be honest with him.

He has been paid a wage for doing a job for four years. The club owe him nothing.

I've never understood the ridiculous ideas fans have about loyalty in football. They are contractors doing a job. The only loyalty in football comes from fans.

I too don't see what the clubs done wrong re Anderson. Locke's made his decision clear i.e. a deals on the table depending who else comes in and until such time seriously consider other clubs offers, the club have told his agent who in turn informed Anderson who was abroad on holiday. What's the problem?

Really don't understand the comments about how Anderson has been "treated" by the club.

He was told he may be offered a deal but should consider other offers if they're on the table.

If anything it was good of the club to be honest with him.

He has been paid a wage for doing a job for four years. The club owe him nothing.

I've never understood the ridiculous ideas fans have about loyalty in football. They are contractors doing a job. The only loyalty in football comes from fans.

I too don't see what the clubs done wrong re Anderson. Locke's made his decision clear i.e. a deals on the table depending who else comes in and until such time seriously consider other clubs offers, the club have told his agent who in turn informed Anderson who was abroad on holiday. What's the problem?

These posts assume Drysdale is telling the truth. Anderson seems to have a different version of events.

agree with most, he signed a deal with QOS due to it being a concrete offer and rovers couldn't guarantee another contract, personally I think the quality of the squad improved last season hence why his appearances were limited. Cant understand the huge disappointment in him leaving I'm not fussed one way or another

There's an auld soak who sits near the front left of the South Stand who'll be delighted Anderson is away. His fizzog turned beetroot in apoplectic rage every time he came on last season. Some boy.

Anyway, as much as I'd have liked him to stick around, I reckon his game time would have been limited again, although it remains to be seen if our squad is as strong next season, as it was at the tail end of last. He maybe wouldn't have been a bad option to have.

He was unbelievably frustrating though. He really looks like he has everything you need to be a success at this level, but as everyone has pointed out, his crossing is just hilariously abysmal. Time and time again he'd get in a great position, only to lash it into the stand, generating a soundtrack of anguish and anger in the process.

That backward-headed goal at Easter Road where his neck appeared to have Reed Richards type qualities though. Wonderful.

All the best to him.

I wouldn't worry too much David Smith has ex Hearts connections , and also couldn't put a decent cross in to the box if his life depended on it, ready made replacement for Anderson and he's free!

Did he not sign for Dumbarton

There's an auld soak who sits near the front left of the South Stand who'll be delighted Anderson is away. His fizzog turned beetroot in apoplectic rage every time he came on last season. Some boy.

Anyway, as much as I'd have liked him to stick around, I reckon his game time would have been limited again, although it remains to be seen if our squad is as strong next season, as it was at the tail end of last. He maybe wouldn't have been a bad option to have.

He was unbelievably frustrating though. He really looks like he has everything you need to be a success at this level, but as everyone has pointed out, his crossing is just hilariously abysmal. Time and time again he'd get in a great position, only to lash it into the stand, generating a soundtrack of anguish and anger in the process.

That backward-headed goal at Easter Road where his neck appeared to have Reed Richards type qualities though. Wonderful.

All the best to him.

He was also excellent at passing the ball straight to the keeper, usually after a great burst forward that had you off your seat in anticipation.

Anyway, onwards and upwards for him and Rovers.

Edited by Scary Bear