The New Raith Rovers Thread

Shocking behaviour from rovers fans young and old singing the name of their teams manager when the team is playing well.Shouldnt be allowed that.

I know. Absolute disgrace.

We've got a song for him now. Might as well use it when we're doing well.

47 minutes ago, BIGQ FAE KDY said:

Shocking behaviour from rovers fans young and old singing the name of their teams manager when the team is playing well.Shouldnt be allowed that.

It's the fickleness of it that other fans are pointing out as the fans singing the song are most likely some of the same guys who were crying Locke GTF etc just a week or two before. You already knew that though, didn't you?

If your comments are a wee dig at fifes finest then remember there is other rovers fans who have been moaning about things not just some of us.Wednesday wasnt the time for any anti locke stuff from any raith fan as the team needed the support and they got it from all those who travelled.

I have no idea if it was Fifes Finest or not, so let's get that one out the way. I say what I see and what I seen were fans in general singing Locke's name who most likely had been shouting for him to get to f**k at the turn of the year. Hope that clears everything up.

If your comments are a wee dig at fifes finest then remember there is other rovers fans who have been moaning about things not just some of us.Wednesday wasnt the time for any anti locke stuff from any raith fan as the team needed the support and they got it from all those who travelled.

Who mentioned Fifes Finest?

It wasn't the chanting of the manager that annoyed me although I never joined in with that, as that performance came down to the fact that our players have the ability to put in those performances week in, week out. The reason they aren't putting in that standard of performances week in, week out, come down to Gary Locke's poor management of the players. Scottish Cup performances don't change that as the league is first priority.

I did join in when singing about Players, or Cathro etc, but not about Locke or the Pars when it came up again despite that game being nothing to do with them.

The thing that annoyed me is the same group of fans then went on to boo fellow Rovers fans after it went 4-2 in extra-time. When people have work/School/College the next day, can you blame these people for leaving early? I stayed until the end and didn't get home until about half past midnight with the traffic etc. Booing your own fans really is the bottom of the barrel.

I don't think anyone mentioned Fifes Finest though.

I don't think the booing was aimed at rovers fans leaving I think it was aimed at the rovers fan who threw a bottle in the crowd of players when mchattie and Johnsen were booked.

They were booing and chanting "Cheerio! Cheerio!"

I doubt it was aimed at throwing a bottle. Considering the fans that were booing weren't looking at the pitch, they were looking at other fans whilst doing it..

They were booing and chanting "Cheerio! Cheerio!"

I doubt it was aimed at throwing a bottle. Considering the fans that were booing weren't looking at the pitch, they were looking at other fans whilst doing it..

Apologies, I never heard the cheerio chant that's why I just assumed they were aimed at the fan who threw the bottle, but the majority of the fans around me were shouting/booing at the fan.

Raith Rover Manager Gary Locke was wheeling his shopping trolley across Asda car park last week when he noticed an old wifie struggling with her shopping. 
He stopped and asked, "Can you manage?" 
To which the old wifie replied, "f**k off, you got the Rovers into this mess, you sort it out''

I was one that was prepared yto give the manager a chance when he was appointed, but on the previous two results I afraid we appear to be going back towards the Anelka period.  I don't blame the manager he is what he is and has a history that backs that up.  The people who should be taking a very close look at themselves are the Board some of whom were at the helm when we took on Mr Anelka and their choices since then possibly apart from John McGlynn have been short of disaterous maybe some of them should have a long hard look at themselves and ask the question "Am I really suited for this" the answer gentlemen is no stand down and give someone else a chance.

19 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I'm think human sacrifice too. Maybe burn a Pars fan at the stake at the next Derby match. HT entertainment? Playlist - I'm On Fire by Kasabian, Spirit in the Sky - Doctor and the Medics, 666 Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden.

No point in setting fire to a Rovers fan, shite doesn't burn.