The New Raith Rovers Thread

The last thing we need is another central midfielder. I would seriously question Smith's judgement were we to sign this Herron guy.

We only really have 3 first team CM's. One of them is Matthews who Smith seems to favour for the wing. Davo should be nowhere near the side. That leaves Robertson and Callachan..

Robertson's just back from a season-long injury and isn't getting any younger and Callachan has had lengthy spells on the treatment table his last 2 season's as well. If we have the money now since Sim has taken over then I would have no problem with them bringing in an attacking mid in.

We only really have 3 first team CM's. One of them is Matthews who Smith seems to favour for the wing. Davo should be nowhere near the side. That leaves Robertson and Callachan..

Robertson's just back from a season-long injury and isn't getting any younger and Callachan has had lengthy spells on the treatment table his last 2 season's as well. If we have the money now since Sim has taken over then I would have no problem with them bringing in an attacking mid in.

There are other positions where we have virtually no cover at all. Those are the areas we should be prioritising if we have suddenly found a bit of room in the budget.

Managed to dig my old strips out of the attic, managed to find around 14 from the last 21 years (plus various scarves, hats etc)... thank goodness teenaged me had the foresight to like baggy football tops!

just the way we huffed and puffed and felt like we were getting nowhere. The niggly fouls that forfar were making, the time wasting and them punting everything away to nowhere.
Fair enough they did what they needed to, but it certainly wasn't a classic. Maybe 11v11 it would have been a better game. But it just felt like a long afternoon until we got the goals.

We've huffed and puffed plenty over the years. Try and recall how we started some of our other league winning seasons. I recall a few draws and less than inspiring performances early in the season. We won the game today and I never thought we'd lose it, although I did think we might be stifled into a draw.

In my opinion, we should probably try and refrain from slating the players this season, stick together and try and see the season through in relative harmony. Hopefully we finish top but if not there's the play-offs.

Would be good if we could get less panicky as fans, or less disinterested, and stick with the team.

We've huffed and puffed plenty over the years. Try and recall how we started some of our other league winning seasons. I recall a few draws and less than inspiring performances early in the season. We won the game today and I never thought we'd lose it, although I did think we might be stifled into a draw.

In my opinion, we should probably try and refrain from slating the players this season, stick together and try and see the season through in relative harmony. Hopefully we finish top but if not there's the play-offs.

Would be good if we could get less panicky as fans, or less disinterested, and stick with the team.

Totally agree. Today was a game for patience. Playing against 10 men was always going to be a tough ask when they are sitting in. But patience paid off and we got the all important win. Better team on the day and deserved the win. Can't recall Forfar causing any panic at the back for us. Except the quality free kick in the first half. We will probably have many more games this season where we are having to try and break down teams. It's frustrating to watch but we won't play many teams who will want to go all out attack against us this year

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

More chance of Mila Kunis chapping your door to ask you for a ride.

Can we just get that microphone away to f**k? The "technical issues we're having today" are the same issues we've been having for weeks on end. Whilst I'd normally consider it a blessing not to hear the shite "well done big man" patter trotted out to every ex or current player being interviewed, the fucking racket being generated by that Fisher Price mike set is much worse. Especially when we don't switch the b*****d off. Get up to PC World or Argos on Monday and buy a new one, ffs.

Oh and special shout out to the half time confetti ticket whirlwind storm. So pretty.