The New Raith Rovers Thread

After another solid win for your Development Squad last night, I thought it'd be appropriate to publish the next instalment with Craig Easton. You can find it on my website, here;

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/09/27/craig-easton-ross-callachan/

How do you guys rate the lads coming through this year? David McKay, James Berry, Rory Brian etc? A few got minutes against us in preseason and I thought the GK was not fully troubled but comfortable with everything he did. A positive bunch coming through? Easton seems to be doing a good job. 

1 hour ago, LiamA said:

Bayview has only been open for community use for 4 weeks but already the evening uptake is chocka. That's not a problem for any community pitch it's getting it used during the day & at weekends. There are big plans in the pipeline to run projects that will do just that at Bayview. Rovers' problem with the pitch might be that the first team will use the pitch for 2-3 hours per day (admittedly during non-peak times) but playing youth games midweek with no income only expenditure for them meaning that prime time booking slots will be lost.

If it is to be maintained properly & remember the more its used the more it has be maintained then £30k is the minimum that proper maintenance will cost. Remember maintenance will be for 12 months of the year even during the winter. The expected lifespan for the surface is 8 years but we hope to replace it every 6 years 

We are getting nothing but good feedback on the surface from all groups & visiting teams (Rovers certainly liked it!) & it will prove to be a shrewd investment by all parties in the coming years.

Thanks for that

Whats the charge the hire charge?

Don't Falkirk have a hybrid pitch like Murrayfield? Mostly grass with blades of plastic sown in? Would the Rovers gain as much footfall with Balwearie having a pretty much brand new pitch and Kirkcaldy High having a really good one too?

Hybrid pitches cost a million to install, Celtic are installing one next summer, the first in Scotland. Our artificial pitch will be 4g, the same as Falkirk’s & Hamilton, think Queens have potentially the same as well.

Bayview has only been open for community use for 4 weeks but already the evening uptake is chocka. That's not a problem for any community pitch it's getting it used during the day & at weekends. There are big plans in the pipeline to run projects that will do just that at Bayview. Rovers' problem with the pitch might be that the first team will use the pitch for 2-3 hours per day (admittedly during non-peak times) but playing youth games midweek with no income only expenditure for them meaning that prime time booking slots will be lost.
If it is to be maintained properly & remember the more its used the more it has be maintained then £30k is the minimum that proper maintenance will cost. Remember maintenance will be for 12 months of the year even during the winter. The expected lifespan for the surface is 8 years but we hope to replace it every 6 years 
We are getting nothing but good feedback on the surface from all groups & visiting teams (Rovers certainly liked it!) & it will prove to be a shrewd investment by all parties in the coming years.

The big advantage of New Bayview is the parking facilities around the ground. I'd get easily pissed off having to park half way along the links or the streets along from the ground to play there. For me it a no goer for public use

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

Hybrid pitches cost a million to install, Celtic are installing one next summer, the first in Scotland. Our artificial pitch will be 4g, the same as Falkirk’s & Hamilton, think Queens have potentially the same as well.

Unless Falkirk and Queens have relaid their pitches they are both 3g

There is no such thing as 4G just varying standards of 3G! There are some that are for heavy community use right up to match day use only such as they have in Russia & Ukraine. I always laugh when so-called expert pundits come on the radio &  refer to pitches as being 4G. We looked at all sorts of samples before deciding on the one that we have laid. When our's was unrolled the blades immediately stood up whereas with the cheaper ones the blades are almost horizontal & need a lot of work to get the sand & rubber installed. It would be nearer £400k to just lay the surface at Starks Park & that's assuming the sub-base is suitable for a synthetic surface.

Costs at Bayview are £30 per hour on a 9 week block booking or £35 per hour for one-off bookings for 33x55metre pitches (approx 1/3rd of pitch) Because of the amount of ground we have on the opposite side to the stand we can also let 3no 33x25 metre pitches (inner sports hall size) which are ideal for smaller kids & small sided games, that's why our surface goes wall to wall.

There is no such thing as 4G just varying standards of 3G! There are some that are for heavy community use right up to match day use only such as they have in Russia & Ukraine. I always laugh when so-called expert pundits come on the radio &  refer to pitches as being 4G. We looked at all sorts of samples before deciding on the one that we have laid. When our's was unrolled the blades immediately stood up whereas with the cheaper ones the blades are almost horizontal & need a lot of work to get the sand & rubber installed. It would be nearer £400k to just lay the surface at Starks Park & that's assuming the sub-base is suitable for a synthetic surface.
Costs at Bayview are £30 per hour on a 9 week block booking or £35 per hour for one-off bookings for 33x55metre pitches (approx 1/3rd of pitch) Because of the amount of ground we have on the opposite side to the stand we can also let 3no 33x25 metre pitches (inner sports hall size) which are ideal for smaller kids & small sided games, that's why our surface goes wall to wall.

Is fifth generation 3g a thing? That rings a bell as well.

Tbh I don't particularly care about the intricate details of these pitches. It's plastic or it's grass is as far as I venture.

Murrayfield has a hybrid, so not the first in Scotland.

1 hour ago, LiamA said:

Cheers for that

400k?plus changing and toilet facilities.I,d be brown bread by the time the club recouped that

4G sports pitches are a grey area in the world of artificial turf as no accreditation from FIFA, IRB, RFL, IATS or FIH has been awarded. This is generally because most types of 4G sport surfacing products are tweaks from the 3G synthetic turf with sand and rubber infill. The sports governing bodies have seen this to be an upgrade of a 3G AstroTurf but not accredited for 4th generation artificial however within the UK many clubs market they are the proud owner of a 4G sports pitch.

5G sport surfacing is the latest marketing tool being used from football leagues saying they have the newest 5G synthetic turf but with no accreditation as of yet for fourth generation 4G artificial grass this seems bizarre to be marketed but again no governing body has deemed any surfaces yet for fifth generation 5G flooring from the IRB, IATS, RFU, FIFA or FIH.

Falkirks hire prices

Monday – Friday (5pm-10pm)

1/4 Pitch – £30.00 per hour

1/2 Pitch – £60.00 per hour

Full Pitch – £100.00 per hour 

Saturday – Sunday (9am-10pm) 

1/3 Pitch – £30.00 per hour 

1/2 Pitch –  £50.00 per hour 

Full Pitch – £90.00 per hour 

Kirkcaldy High School

Full pitch -£40-10p per hour

On 26/09/2017 at 19:20, Typicalrovers said:

What are the board doing to raise funds? Can't be many other clubs with no match sponsors or hospitality. Junior clubs even manage that. And forget buying a new strip. Run oot of them too.

They are content to limit their involvement to a jolly on matchdays.

Good post.We as a club are run by the most inept geezers in football.

Murrayfield has a hybrid, so not the first in Scotland.

Aye but that’s for an uncoordinated sport for people who couldn’t play football...
(Not looking for bites [emoji476] , just don’t like rugby)
(Hearts playing there for a few games doesn’t count either [emoji23])

3 hours ago, foreverarover said:

The big advantage of New Bayview is the parking facilities around the ground. I'd get easily pissed off having to park half way along the links or the streets along from the ground to play there. For me it a no goer for public use

I'm sure the parking behind the North stand would be made available if it came to that.

1 hour ago, Growl3th said:

I'm sure the parking behind the North stand would be made available if it came to that.

17 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Locals,park their cars their when there is no game.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

No they don't the gate gets locked.

Someone would have to be employed to stop the locals parking when the pitch was hired out, but how would you be able to tell who is who?

Good post.We as a club are run by the most inept geezers in football.

So just so I'm straight here, and I'm still trying to figure out if you're Danny Dyer judging by your use of the term, 'geezers', you honestly think we're currently being run by the worst football people, not just in Scotland, but the world?

8 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

So just so I'm straight here, and I'm still trying to figure out if you're Danny Dyer judging by your use of the term, 'geezers', you honestly think we're currently being run by the worst football people, not just in Scotland, but the world?

Played Airdrie last week: A club who come out each week to talk shit about a local press reporter, who haven't appointed a manager yet, and who have Colin McGowan selling THC based products off their website via adverts. 

Has the deal with Sim even been fully completed yet? I know he's funding us staying full time this season judging by the press, but is it fully done?