The New Raith Rovers Thread

Iain Davidson is now injured too, according to Barry Smith in the Courier, and is 'struggling' to make the weekend. Scott Robertson is definitely out with a back problem which reduces hope he just has a niggle.

Who else plays centre back for the development squad? Looks like they'll be playing with McKay on Saturday, unless Thomson goes into CB.

This is ignoring the fact I'd play an entire reserve team on Saturday, right enough. Smith says he'll 'look at the bigger picture' when choosing his team but also says he'll play the strongest available, so believe what you want there.

This is ignoring the fact I'd play an entire reserve team on Saturday, right enough. Smith says he'll 'look at the bigger picture' when choosing his team but also says he'll play the strongest available, so believe what you want there.

I wish he'd have looked at the bigger picture vs Brora.

Why doesn't the Raith Trust give the club their annual donation now when the club need the money.  I think I am right in saying we have only one home game this month.  Surely now would be a good time to support the team but there again there may be some politics involved here who knows.

Why doesn't the Raith Trust give the club their annual donation now when the club need the money.  I think I am right in saying we have only one home game this month.  Surely now would be a good time to support the team but there again there may be some politics involved here who knows.

Where do you think the trust's money comes from? How much of your own money are you putting up for whatever free agent centre back is out there?

The biggest mistake we made was selling Callachan so early in the season. I feared the injuries problems would mount up. Playing a strong team in the Mickey Mouse cup is suicide. I can see we’ll be in this division next season too

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The biggest mistake we made was selling Callachan so early in the season. I feared the injuries problems would mount up. Playing a strong team in the Mickey Mouse cup is suicide. I can see we’ll be in this division next season too

I don't really think selling Callachan has had a knock on effect. It's just a lack of cover and a lack of foresight about our defence. We went with McHattie after considering him for an age. We've lost Bene due to a freak injury. Cuthbert has been out for ages. Lennox to a freak injury, resulting in signing Smith who takes up a wage.

Completely agree about the challenge cup though. It was utterly mental to field a full strength squad. That said, if we're knocked out to a highland league team who draw the Pars or Dundee United in the next round, and we're all on here greeting about it.

At the moment, it feels like we've got about 8 or 9 midfielders in our overall squad, but only 2 fit centre backs.

4 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Why do the club need money now? For more players? We are top of the league and have plenty of registered players between  the first team and development squads. 

As far as I’m aware the Trust don’t give an annual donation at a set time and when they do it’s not a donation it’s in return for shares. As a Trust member I’d be completely opposed to a knee jerk donation because some in the support want a bigger squad. Especially at a time when the structures and share make up is totally up in the air. 

Edited by roverthemoon

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Why do the club need money now? For more players? We are top of the league and have plenty of registered players between  the first team and development squads. 

As far as I’m aware the Trust don’t give an annual donation at a set time and when they do it’s not a donation it’s in return for shares. As a Trust member I’d be completely opposed to a knee jerk donation because some in the support want a bigger squad. Especially at a time when the structures and share make up is totally up in the air. 

I'm guessing that he is part of the McMillan who have just donated and thus having a dig.  Hoping I'm wrong though....

Anyone we would sign at this stage is either unwanted by other teams or has been injured and isn't fit. Why would either of those types benefit our squad? Play a back 5 of Brian Thomson Murray mckay and valentine on Saturday and see how they get on. If it's pish it's pish and it gives the likes of davo another week to get fit.