The New Raith Rovers Thread

Played Airdrie last week: A club who come out each week to talk shit about a local press reporter, who haven't appointed a manager yet, and who have Colin McGowan selling THC based products off their website via adverts. 
Has the deal with Sim even been fully completed yet? I know he's funding us staying full time this season judging by the press, but is it fully done? 

I'm pretty sure it is, but most of the board still remain. Looks like only Drysdale was really given the boot.

What state is the pitch in at the moment? Has there been any noticeable difference in condition since Craig Surgeon left? On watching the Airdrie highlights I thought that the pitch already looked pretty heavy considering how early in the season it is.

23 minutes ago, invocr said:

What state is the pitch in at the moment? Has there been any noticeable difference in condition since Craig Surgeon left? On watching the Airdrie highlights I thought that the pitch already looked pretty heavy considering how early in the season it is.

It looked perfect on Tuesday when the U20's played.

4 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

It looked perfect on Tuesday when the U20's played.

I'm sure someone will shortly mention this.

Regrettably, the open day planned for Sunday has been cancelled.

Persistent rain is forecast for the next three days, so an early decision has been taken to protect the already soft pitch from being further damaged and avoid any additional costs involved for the event.

Apologies to the fans who had planned on attending and those involved in the preparations for the day.

http://www.raithrovers.net/31966/open-day-2.htm

21 hours ago, Growl3th said:

I'm sure the parking behind the North stand would be made available if it came to that.

no where near big enough for all that would be required plus parking.

have you seen the collection of containers etc outside New Bayview that have appeared since they got their new pitch

could the railway stand be utilized for changing rooms in containers ? or else 

Worth noting that the Levenmouth area committee funded the Astro at bayview, so no big outlay for EF to get the pitch installed. They may have had some costs (Liam will know) but the vast majority was paid for by council money.

Given balwearie has recently been upgraded I'd guess we'll get no council money and would have to fully fund the installation ourselves.

Only real slots of interest for users would be 6-9(ish) Monday - Friday (maybe even Thursday) through the winter months.

I'd like to think the board would consult with the community groups that would potentially use it before going with a field of dreams approach of "If we build it, they will come".

I much prefer grass, but if the board identified that it would be beneficial in the long term then I'd grin and bear Astro.